The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

St Johnstone above heavyweights such as St Mirren, Dunfermline and Falkirk.

Suspect many heads have gone on Twitter. 

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Johnstone above heavyweights such as St Mirren, Dunfermline and Falkirk.

Suspect many heads have gone on Twitter. 

They'll have what they wanted then. They'll call it "engagement", I'll call it regressive shite. It's not exactly fulfilling Reith's principles.

Edited by Darren

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Will Nick Mcpheat be banned from Ibrix for this?  Come to think of it, who is Nick Mcpheat anyway? Sounds like an AI generated name for the churnalist of the article that set up this deeply fascinating result.

7 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Mental that's the content that BBC are producing. Content for clicks and any engagement masquerading as "journalism". 

That's the kind of content I'd expect from some dafty on YouTube doing it for attention or Halliday's mob or something.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is he just going to random games, and not following a team all the way through, so win or lose doesn't make any difference, he'll just go to another random game in the next round. Aye fucking weird, like a glory hunter just latching onto the winner of each game as if that's the team he supported all the way to the final.

Oh and the wording for this,  "Aberdeen overcomes Bonnyrigg Rose", real giant killers there.😂

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think you're massively over-thinking this one.

People do that in the FA Cup and Scottish Cup every season. Chance to go to new grounds, see teams you've never seen, have your future taken out of your hands etc.

Pick a first round (or first qualifying round) and just keep attendinf the winner's next tie. It's not glory-hunting, it's just watching games. Nobody's kidding on to support anyone.

I like the idea of it, but I'm not keen to commit to it for a season.

@tamthebam

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree this seems a bit bonkers.

I mean, you’re seriously going to say a team that hasn’t won a major honour in 50 (fifty) years are in the 10 biggest in the country?

8th biggest ya dick.  Should be 7th but seeing 'well are guid c****s we'll let it slide. 

15 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Will Nick Mcpheat be banned from Ibrix for this?  Come to think of it, who is Nick Mcpheat anyway? Sounds like an AI generated name for the churnalist of the article that set up this deeply fascinating result.

My only knowledge of him based on his Twitter account is that he is incredibly thin-skinned.

It seems to me there is a distinction between biggest and most successful clubs. Both criteria can largely be measured objectively.

Newcastle United are a huge club, with little success in terms of major honours.

4 minutes ago, Neiljb said:

It seems to me there is a distinction between biggest and most successful clubs. Both criteria can largely be measured objectively.

Newcastle United are a huge club, with little success in terms of major honours.

How would you measure 'biggest' objectively  though?  

The rankings pretty much replicate how things would look if the criteria was most successful - only the omission of Queens Park in favour of St J would be different and QP's success was back in the dark ages anyway. 

Ive always wondered at what stage previous success in terms of trophies becomes irrelevant in the "big club" discussions?

Is it a case of so many years pass? Or is it if the club drops to a certain level that the previous successes just become outweighed?

42 minutes ago, hk blues said:

How would you measure 'biggest' objectively  though?  

The rankings pretty much replicate how things would look if the criteria was most successful - only the omission of Queens Park in favour of St J would be different and QP's success was back in the dark ages anyway. 

I would measure size objectively by the numbers of the fan base.

The stadium size and wealth if the owners are irrelevant imo. Unless they have a product that increases fan numbers.

The table above looks very much that as representing a success table. Rather than club size. 

What is "biggest?"

Success or club size? I can't see how it can be both?