The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On 24/02/2024 at 15:15, BFTD said:

There's always an undertone that the guid fitba men want crowds and finances to play a more direct role, rather than just giving a big advantage that some clubs hilariously still can't take advantage of.

Cant believe this tbh, certainly not from a Dundee United fan.

Struggle to see how theyd possibly benefit from expanding the top tier.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scottish football would benefit, unless of course you consider the current top flight crock of shite to be acceptable ?

3 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Scottish football would benefit, unless of course you consider the current top flight crock of shite to be acceptable ?

Performances in the Championship != Performances in the Premiership

Have you just forgotten how abysmal theyve been in virtually every season theyve had in the top flight over the last decade.

On 24/02/2024 at 18:18, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Jim Spence was in Tesco last night wearing green jobby catchers. 

Wonder where he got the green trews idea from.

On 24/02/2024 at 18:18, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Jim Spence was in Tesco last night wearing green jobby catchers. 

Is faecal incontinence such a blight in Dundee that specific defensive trousers are a necessary social requirement ? Where can I get a pair in the Central Belt ?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Both them and the Yo-yo club from the same street would benefit greatly from an enlarged top league as they seem to have a habit of dropping out of a league of 10 or 12 but would probably not do so in an expanded league of 16, 18 or 20.

There are other reasons why they would never vote for it but i can see why some of their fans etc might like the idea.

5 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Jane Lewis doesn't believe The Misogynist 'meant to offend' when he spoke to her in an offensive, patronising and sexist manner. Straight out of the Chic Young 'treat me mean and keep me keen' handbook for Scottish football 'journalists' when dealing with Old Firm manager asreholery. Sad.

Do you think telling women how they should feel about things is a non-offensive, non-patronising, non-sexist approach to things?

I fully believe that Lewis did feel that way, she has worked in football for a long time and is probably used to it by now so it will have been water off a duck's back to her. That doesn't mean it wasn't actually misogynistic from Rodgers, because it definitely was, but it's why it's incumbent on all of us to call out these sort of things, rather than making it all about the person it was directly addressed to and having them carry that societal burden.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Do you think telling women how they should feel about things is a non-offensive, non-patronising, non-sexist approach to things?

I fully believe that Lewis did feel that way, she has worked in football for a long time and is probably used to it by now so it will have been water off a duck's back to her. That doesn't mean it wasn't actually misogynistic from Rodgers, because it definitely was, but it's why it's incumbent on all of us to call out these sort of things, rather than making it all about the person it was directly addressed to and having them carry that societal burden.

Spot on. I think Jane Lewis probably didn't want to make an issue of it for whatever reason. It's often an important part of advancing your career to know which battles to fight and not necessarily jumping in two footed into every cause even if you have personal feelings on a subject. 

Edited by 2426255

The allocation of commentators/reporters was almost certainly done before the weekend games.

If Jane Lewis had expressed a genuine grievance with Brendan Rodgers' comments, I'm certain she wouldn't have been there last night (and would have been kept off Celtic games until the situation was resolved).

Edited by The Master

48 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

I see that Hearts and Celtic have won next week's Scottish Cup games.

FB_IMG_1709280050675.jpg

well that is obviously a load of shite as th BBC reported this a few weeks back.........

I find it so annoying when the BBC reveal a result before a game is played - this is from 15 mins prior to kick off of Airdrie v Hearts

The full quarter-final draw

• Greenock Morton v Airdrieonians
  • Celtic v Livingston
  • Aberdeen v Kilmarnock
  • Hibernian v Rangers

Edited by Caledonian1