A new chapter... Hamilton Accies VS Partick Thistle

Hamilton normally a fairly meh away day, but the first day of the season is always something to look forward to, until you're 3-0 down at half time to Raith Rovers and Willie Kinniburgh has been sent off.

Couple of players with niggles according to Archie, I'd bet good dollar Seaborne is one, also doubt whether Stevo will be risked from the start, he looked as if he was blowing out his arse after 40 minutes vs Rotherham, so...

Cerny

Miller Frans Lindsay Booth

Osman Bannigan

Amoo Welsh Elliott

Doolan

Subs: Scully, Hendry, Wilson, Fraser, Leyden, Mcdaid, Stevenson

A good bet seeing as Archie's already said he is at the Q&A session. He's supposed to be a couple of weeks off full fitness.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really feeling the excitement but it'll be interesting to see our new signings. I saw that Chamorro hasn't been given a number so does that mean he won't be registered for tomorrow? I think we'll line up:

McGovern

Gordon Lucas Jesus Kurakins

Gills Turner*

Imrie Crawford Longridge

Nade

* I'd rather Docherty but I can't see it

Cerny

Osman Bannigan

Amoo Welsh Elliott

Doolan

This would be the team I would play, except I think Archie might start with Fraser instead of Welsh so as not to risk him on the plastic pitch. Hope I'm wrong though as Welsh has looked quality in preseason.

Hamilton normally a fairly meh away day, but the first day of the season is always something to look forward to, until you're 3-0 down at half time to Raith Rovers and Willie Kinniburgh has been sent off.

Couple of players with niggles according to Archie, I'd bet good dollar Seaborne is one, also doubt whether Stevo will be risked from the start, he looked as if he was blowing out his arse after 40 minutes vs Rotherham, so...

Cerny

Osman Bannigan

Amoo Welsh Elliott

Doolan

This pretty much. I could also maybe see McDaid starting over Elliott, but that's pretty much it.

Is Lindsay definitely back fully fit? I know he picked up a wee knock not too long ago and I'm pretty sure I'd heard he was fine but can anyone clarify? If not I guess we'll just stick Hendry in.

Cerny

Osman Bannigan

Amoo Welsh Elliott

Doolan

My fear is that Stevenson will start instead of Doolan.

Cerny

Osman Bannigan

Amoo Welsh Elliott

Doolan

Got a feeling playing Amoo and Elliot in the same starting line up is going to either be nightmare fuel for opposition defenders or they'll be a far-too-predictable cakewalk that the defenders will stroll through...

I'm working tomorrow but I'm strangely not very excited for the start of the season. I don't think that's a particularly bad thing though; and my reasoning is that because I don't think we're that much worse off than we were last season.

Fox has been replaced with the presumably better Cerny. Balatoni is gone, but Lindsey would likely cover for him anyway, as Frans/Seaborne should be our defensive partnership. O'Donnell is a huge loss but Miller is an experienced player and someone I feel confident in. Higginbotham was an arsehole at times but is capable of being the best player in the league on his day, and from what I've heard of Amoo, he's rapid and can do the unexpected, which doesn't seem like a difference. Although we're without Taylor, Doolan is a reasonable goalscorer and more than capable of playing upfront by himself, despite what some people seem to argue.

Based on that, I don't think we're going to do much better or much worse than last season, although the addition of Hearts could be crucial. I'll plump for a 1-1 draw tomorrow (today) which I think would be a decent enough result.

My fear is that Stevenson will start instead of Doolan.

I assume AA will want a striker on the bench so you're probably right. Unless Elliott will be the back up striker which is a bag of nope for me.

Archived