Favourite Old Firm Player

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Albertz would probably be my #3. Always entertaining to see that "oh shit" look when the ball dropped to him on the edge of the box :P

What?

It's fairly straightforward......you said yourself, the end of the period of top foreign players in the league gave young Scottish players a chance......despite a patently inferior product, it's never been more expensive to attend a match. The reason they're doing shit is largely down to the people they employ as footballers and coaches, and falling over each other to sign these 'superstars'. You're the fucking surveyor, work it out.

Alex Mathie and Derek McInnes

Larsson was something else tho'.

Although I once got talking to a Dutch guy in the pub down here who was almost 7 foot tall and he said he used to go to the odd Rangers game as he was a friend of Artur Numan and got comps. Pished as a fart I said "He always struck me as the type of guy who kept reading material in the guest toilet" as a joke and, very deadpan, he said "Yesh. In English and in Dutch"

Now this guy could tell I was pished and was probably on the wind up but if that's true then he jumps right to the front of the queue.

Might be a stupid question but Was dalglish a major success at celtic ?he is never really talked up or given the same sort of idolism at parkhead that Larsson or Johnstone receives

I think the John Barnes fiasco plays a part in that, but as a player Dalglish was one of the best players of his generation and one of the best forwards to play for Celtic and Scotland.

Archived