Dundee FC vs Hearts

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee fans bringing up a player/game most of us are too young to remember. :lol:

Mind two years ago when we beat you three times whilst having one of the worst Dundee squads in living memory?

Minter.

Aye cos that was a cracking Hearts squad too.

Pretty sure your manager knew what league he'd be playing in and had more than 10 minutes to get a squad together for the season.

A draw wouldn't be a disaster but we shouldn't be dropping points against this lot.

I think it could take a few weeks until that defense gets sorted, I can see a few slip ups in the mean time.

Loving all these big headed hearts fans!!

Just wait until Greg Stewart, Rory Loy and Kane Hemmings rips your defence apart!

Some scary strikers there.

Gilzean, Smith & Ure, now there's a few names to fear in their day :)

It's all relative I suppose.

In all seriousness (if that's allowed) I think it will be a tough game for Hearts on Saturday. Whilst we've scored 8 in our two competitive games so far, the defence is still very much bedding in and Dundee's potency in attack could exploit this. I don't think we have the team at the moment to grind out a draw so our best hope is to play to our attacking strength (Sow, Juanma, Walker and Nicholson) and try to outscore the opposition. Still pretty confident that if our squad remains intact on September 1st, that a top 4 placing is very achievable.

In all seriousness (if that's allowed) I think it will be a tough game for Hearts on Saturday. Whilst we've scored 8 in our two competitive games so far, the defence is still very much bedding in and Dundee's potency in attack could exploit this. I don't think we have the team at the moment to grind out a draw so our best hope is to play to our attacking strength (Sow, Juanma, Walker and Nicholson) and try to outscore the opposition. Still pretty confident that if our squad remains intact on September 1st, that a top 4 placing is very achievable.

My worry too is still our defence. We looked great going forward on Saturday but were never tested at the back. I'm assuming Hartley will recall McPake but not sure who gets dropped between Konrad and Julen. The full backs need to get forward too because of our narrow midfield so we may get caught a bit there. Will also be interesting to see if Thomson plays considering the derby three days later.

All signs point towards an exciting, high scoring match. Can't wait.

Loving all these big headed hearts fans!!

Just wait until Greg Stewart, Rory Loy and Kane Hemmings rips your defence apart!

Says Hearts fans are big-headed... before then proceeding to be big-headed. :1eye

I suggest you check page one first, champ.

Really looking forward to this game, fancy maybe taking it in on Saturday, I think it could be a cracker, definitely the tie of the Weekend, I'm fancying 4 or 5 goals in this match, I think the spoils will be shared though, gonna go for a 2-2, Hearts looked really good in attack on Sunday but there defence was brutal anytime a high ball was played into the area, I fancy Loy hurting them on Saturday but can also see the Jambos causing them problems too.

My worry too is still our defence. We looked great going forward on Saturday but were never tested at the back. I'm assuming Hartley will recall McPake but not sure who gets dropped between Konrad and Julen. The full backs need to get forward too because of our narrow midfield so we may get caught a bit there. Will also be interesting to see if Thomson plays considering the derby three days later.

All signs point towards an exciting, high scoring match. Can't wait.

If McPake is to come back in, it will be for Konrad. I might be reading too much into it but McPake usually plays on the right of the two centre halfs and Konrad played there Saturday.

Archived