Dundee FC vs Hearts

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to this after missing the opening day :( first time in about 15 years, anyway.........

This game could really shape up how our season is really going to be and Heartseseses also. A win here would be magic but I can see a draw 2-2.

Should be a decent crowd for this. Going to be a long week waiting for this.

Two good footballing sides clashing should point towards an entertaining game but sadly I can see this being a 0-0 or 1-0 to any of the teams.

Both teams should do well this season.

You should probably just delete your account, tbf.

Heartbroken at this.

Dundee scored some great goals at the weekend, will be a good indicator of where we are against a team I expect will be top half again this season. Can't see Sir Paul going with such an attacking team against us tbf.

Happy enough with a point from this one, but hopefully Britain's sexiest team can get the 3 points

Mind when SPH deliberately missed a penalty against us for Celtic? I'm predicting McPake up front and Dundee only starting with six players as Sir Paul sits in our dugout with Robbie recalling simpler times. Happier times. Better times.

If we can tighten up at the back, which I expect us to, then we can win this but a draw wouldn't a bad result, especially considering our overall horrific record at Dens. In an attacking sense, we've definitely got players who can hurt Dundee, and indeed most teams in the league, but it really is all bout how we defend.

I actually quite like Hearts. Good bunch.

Watched the game yesterday. Awful defending from Hearts but excellent going forward.

Dees are looking great but I think Hearts will have tightened up in time for this game. Hmm...1-1.

I actually quite like Hearts. Good bunch.

Watched the game yesterday. Awful defending from Hearts but excellent going forward.

Dees are looking great but I think Hearts will have tightened up in time for this game. Hmm...1-1.

I can't call it. Am happy that we've obviously got goals in us. Defence needs loads of work though. Given Dundee last season and their win over the Sevco-ExHearts Select XI, an away draw wouldn't be a bad result.

If we can tighten up at the back, which I expect us to, then we can win this but a draw wouldn't a bad result, especially considering our overall horrific record at Dens. In an attacking sense, we've definitely got players who can hurt Dundee, and indeed most teams in the league, but it really is all bout how we defend.

Myth.

Before the Plumber/Locke season (*shudder*), we had only lost 1 in 11 at Den's this Millennium. Dundee were shelling out a fortune on some good players during this period as well, mind.

Myth.

Before the Plumber/Locke season (*shudder*), we had only lost 1 in 11 at Den's this Millennium. Dundee were shelling out a fortune on some good players during this period as well, mind.

And going back to the late 80s through the 90s we were usually awful there. It's no a ground we've got a good overall record at. Even the period you're talking about pretty much every game was very tight.

I can see a Dundee win here, having watched both matches I just don't see Hearts doing much damage against a Dundee side which should be at full strength next week. Hearts will score I can go with that but i'd imagine a 2-1 or 3-1 victory for Dundee that should be maybe a 2-2 or 3-3 draw, if it isn't for Scott Bain in goal.

McPake in for Konrad now his suspension is served.

My predicted short match summary:

"Hearts and Dundee play an even first 45 mins Scott Bain keeping Dundee ahead making some outstanding saves despite a still slightly leaky back four.

2-0 the Dees by half time a goal each from any two of the front three. Thomson off Konrad on at half time to save Thomo for the derby and Dundee switch to 5 at the back.

Hearts to score after half time via an outstanding 35-40 yard shot by Ozturk and maybe leak another Dundee goal."

Hate to break it but St. Johnstone's defense was as weak as Killie's because of injuries to two key players, except they actually had a midfield and strikers with confidence to close the gap. Hearts had a full strength back line, that still leaked 3 goals, which can only be bolstered by international clearance coming through for the Nigerian international left back who will add a bit more substance but has never played Scottish football, I don't think that is enough to stop Stewart, Loy and Hemmings.

I can see a nervy Match for all but both teams playing some good football.

Sow, Walker and Ozturk to have good games for Hearts, the gracefully aging Alexander having a slightmare in goal.

Bain, Thomson and Stewart to have good games for Dundee with Harkins having an off game after a good one against Killie.

I forgot that Bambi McPap was at Dundee :lol:

Juanma and Sow will be licking their lips.

McPake, I think you'll get the fright of your life when you see how he plays in a Dundee shirt ::P

Archived