Pish Adverts

The adverts for plant butter which seem to be on every sodding bus shelter in Edinburgh, The common theme is that you can go directly from the plant to the butter without involving a cow's digestive system in between.

Sure, let's all switch to this stuff, then all the dairy cows can live out the rest of their lives in comfort. Aye, right.

Used to be a poster/ad in Central Station from The Vegan Society with the slogan IF YOU LOVE ANIMALS, DON'T EAT THEM. There was a picture of a couple of kids cuddling a Gloucester Old Spot porker.

Almost none of which would exist if we did give up eating them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's one for a holiday company in which a little girl drops her ice cream. This obnoxious fat lad - presumably her big brother - then gets right in her face and takes a gigantic lick of his own ice cream, showing off that "Ha ha, I've still got mine!" and the kind of expression that makes you want to wipe it off with a baseball bat to the teeth.

Edited by GordonD

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

There's one for a holiday company in which a little girl drops her ice cream. This obnoxious fat lad - presumably her big brother - then gets right in her face and takes a gigantic lick of his own ice cream, showing off that "Ha ha, I've still for mine!" and the kind of expression that makes you want to wipe it off with a baseball bat to the teeth.

They also have an advert about getting free airport lounge access with certain holidays.  The same fat kid walks thru the 'ordinary' lounge with a similar smug look, that also makes you look out a baseball bat to use on him.