Pish Adverts

On 15/01/2023 at 11:48, Melanius Mullarkay said:

“My bulky pee pants”

Horrific.

Reminded me of Billy Connolly  telling us about those small magazine ads for the big slipper, and the incontinence pants, with the guy buying the pants and going out to the dancing, pishing away till his heart's content as he dances.

49 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Reminded me of Billy Connolly  telling us about those small magazine ads for the big slipper, and the incontinence pants, with the guy buying the pants and going out to the dancing, pishing away till his heart's content as he dances.

Caring not a jot 🤣

Any advert that doesn't present a true picture of the thing they're trying to flog you. Like computer games where there's a caption 'Not actual game footage', or car ads that say 'Not UK specification'.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

car ads that say 'Not UK specification'.

See also : car ads that advertise that their prices start at, say, £8000, overlaid over some epic shots of a really nice looking car.

Then the small print on screen says "Model shown is the Fastb*****d, retail price £35000"

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've just seen a Homebase advert starting with "insta-ready starts with inspiration"

Stop decorating your homes to impress people on the internet

Society is doomed

I was in Edinburgh last week and heard a radio advert (I think Forth Radio?) for a local restaurant. 

"Instagrammable dinner ideas" 

Boak. 

I'm baffled by that one where you sell your car online with 'motorway,com', and the process is illustrated by some punchable people jumping around on giant mobile phones in some hyped-up game-show scenario.

14 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Boy at the garage buying his daughter a bar of Dairy Milk and her acting like he’s just signed over the house deeds.

Have you seen how much garages charge for chocolate these days?