Pish Adverts

The Nationwide Building Society continue to excel in ripping the arse out of the viewing public with their piss poor ads.

It seemed to start with the shite Flo & Jo singing their shite songs, then the poets and it continues into 1 on 1 pish chit chat.

I'm sure they're not done dredging the depths to find more shite.

The Asda Christmas advert with Will Ferrell is extremely cringe. I assumed he had been paid a bucketload to come over and film it as Elf but they've just lifted parts from the film and placed it into the Ad. The worst parts are when his lips move and he isn't speaking and the bit at the end where he is obviously avoiding getting hit by a car and instead it's trollies. But you can see him take a massive wide berth [emoji38]

I'm glad I don't watch regular telly any more so don't  inflict this pish on myself anymore!

In saying that, I'm still inflicted by the YouTube ones. One in particular was in VERY bad taste. I was watching an Australian 60 Minutes documentary on people who have a fatal skin disease, their skin literally falls off, and it was interupted for an ad for a sensitive hand wash

Edited by sfha

A specific Irish advert I get is for "Harvey Norman". I'm guessing this is their equivalent of Curry's or AO . They sell horrendously overpriced electrical goods, described by a male voice detailing the price in "EURO!!!" (never Euros).

His voiceover is backed by totally insipid musak. The musak and narration end simultaneously with "Only at Harvey Norman" immediately followed by a woman's voice bellowing "GO!!!".

A specific Irish advert I get is for "Harvey Norman". I'm guessing this is their equivalent of Curry's or AO . They sell horrendously overpriced electrical goods, described by a male voice detailing the price in "EURO!!!" (never Euros).
His voiceover is backed by totally insipid musak. The musak and narration end simultaneously with "Only at Harvey Norman" immediately followed by a woman's voice bellowing "GO!!!".
Change your iptv bud. On mine the Sky Sports used to be the oirish ads but no longer thankfully. Not that it's that important in the great scheme of things.

13 hours ago, sfha said:

In saying that, I'm still inflicted by the YouTube ones. One in particular was in VERY bad taste. I was watching an Australian 60 Minutes documentary on people who have a fatal skin disease, their skin literally falls off, and it was interupted for an ad for a sensitive hand wash

I remember years ago there was an ad campaign for a brand of electric razors, whose point was that people's faces are curved and their razor was particularly good at shaving round these bits. To make the point the people in the advert were made up so that their faces were literally cube-shaped, all flat surfaces and sharp corners.

The shit hit the fan when they showed it during a documentary on Battle of Britain pilots who had undergone experimental plastic surgery to heal their facial burns.

On 05/11/2022 at 21:10, invergowrie arab said:

All those ooni adverts that see them serving undercooked pizza that looks the dough is still raw in the middle.

That and I'm not really sure why on earth you would need such a specific piece of equipment.

I don't think the idea of a pizza oven is itself bad - they should be much hotter than the temperature an oven can reach.

They are a mental price, though.

ASDA's BYO or Aldi's sourdough pizzas are excellent imo.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't think the idea of a pizza oven is itself bad - they should be much hotter than the temperature an oven can reach.

They are a mental price, though.

ASDA's BYO or Aldi's sourdough pizzas are excellent imo.

The concept of anything is fine if use, effort and cost is beneficial.

I have a specific machine in my house just to boil water but it was cheap and I use it every day.

As you say 300 odd quid plus fuel and ingredients is a lot of outdoor pizza to eat before it seems worthwhile to me.