Pish Adverts

On 11/02/2022 at 07:17, Bert Raccoon said:

When you work from home and spend a lot of time watching daytime TV, you realise that advert breaks are essentially aimed at the elderly, preparing them for their imminent death 

On 11/02/2022 at 09:58, Boghead ranter said:

And people who count playing online bingo as having a vibrant social life.

My great grand children will still be paying the debt I intend to run up.

There's a Halifax advert in which the camera focuses on a bench outside one of their branches, apparently for an entire day, showing some of the people who've used it. At one point a couple of old codgers are sitting there; the next shot is of a cleaner hosing down the pavement beneath it with a high pressure spray.

Apparently a pish advert in every sense of the word.

Nationwide advert with that woman talking about living in a house with a partner and what their dog would be called, and having no housemates there would always be milk etc. so fucking annoying

Eta - This advert

Edited by Jambomo

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Verisure alarms - several different ads, all crap, all aimed at the white, middle class demographic. 

Fortunately shorter than normal ads.

I know the one you mean.

"Our neighbour has just been burgled."

"That could have been us!"

Surely you'd know if you had burgled your neighbour. 

On 07/03/2022 at 21:04, Jambomo said:

Nationwide advert with that woman talking about living in a house with a partner and what their dog would be called, and having no housemates there would always be milk etc. so fucking annoying

Eta - This advert

On 29/03/2017 at 18:34, Miguel Sanchez said:

Nationwide's latest fad of overly earnest, heartfelt poems by wallopers is possibly the worst bank advert going. Worse than the Lloyds TSB cartoons with the whistling, worse than the Halifax destroying your favourite childhood cartoons. Appalling.

Coming up for five years they've been at this.

On 08/03/2022 at 08:29, Boghead ranter said:

Verisure alarms - several different ads, all crap, all aimed at the white, middle class demographic. 

Fortunately shorter than normal ads.

All of the folk in those commercials definitely spend their evenings twitching the curtains with their phone at the ready in case somebody wearing work clothes walks by.

Eta - 

The other one where she talks about how her niece hasn’t realised the housing market is fucked before stating they get one person on the housing market every 6 minutes is something else.

Ewan McGregor’s advert telling us that we have so much stuff and that we won’t regret not buying stuff and going travelling instead. I am not about to take moral life advice from a man who ruined his own family’s lives by ditching his wife and kids for his co-star. 

I realised too that it’s such an annoying ad I can’t even remember which company it’s for, so it’s also an all-round failure.

Edited by Jambomo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's up with all the adverts touting 'authenticity' at the moment? I've heard it from TikTok and Tommy Hilfiger today alone, which is fucking hilarious.