Pish Adverts

YouTube is the home of adverts for scams, but most of them don't put their own face on the grift. This particular arsehole has been plaguing me for months, however.

Unsurprisingly, she's fronting a pyramid scheme. That 'Results Not Typical' flash has only appeared recently. Apparently that's the most anyone's willing to do about these c***s.

image.thumb.png.8cd6f59ba49b7d110872fb82f0462e59.png

On 20/01/2022 at 17:30, Oceanlineayr said:

The Youtube advert for the new Google Pixel 6 phone advertises that it can remove photobombers from photos it takes. I find this one particuarly seethe inducing as:

1. It's one of the many Youtube adverts that can't be skipped. I usually watch on a TV so ad-block is not an option. (Could dedicate this entire thread to Youtube adverts now.)

2. The example "photobomber" is just some guy standing in the very public place where the photo used is being taken. If some random guy is a photobomber go and take your sh*tey group selfie somewhere else.

Did Apple or Android not do this about 10 years ago as well? Took a series of photos instead of 1, thus allowing you to pick something in the background to "remove" - the caveat being that the thing to remove had to have moved between shots.

I don't think it was very popular as it was removed fairly sharpish.

I'm always fascinated by the people that are taken in by a gimmick like this that they might* find a use for once over the length of the contract.

*Absolutely won't

On 20/01/2022 at 09:31, mizfit said:

Every single Etoro advert.

Worst bit about it is the shoehorning of the word "zero" into situations where absolutely nobody in the history of mankind has ever used that word in those given situations.

Eta: on another subject, I won't buy any Dominos pizzas ever again. Zero.

Edited by Hedgecutter

That Thortful advert of the couple making dolphin noises at each other in a cafe is more despicable than that Raith statement the other night.

Is it just me or do irritating adverts have the complete opposite effect? I know they're designed to be so annoying that they're memorable but I will actively avoid companies if their adverts are using the deliberately annoying tactic.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Is it just me or do irritating adverts have the complete opposite effect? I know they're designed to be so annoying that they're memorable but I will actively avoid companies if their adverts are using the deliberately annoying tactic.

I've not been in an Asda since 

image.jpeg.84f3945ea7cf1b3b979c50c668899e89.jpeg

On 19/12/2021 at 17:11, Boghead ranter said:

Every time I stumble across this advert on Sky (usually when I have Sky News on to put me to sleep), I sure it must be about to appear in this year's Apprentice.

Agreed it's a waste of Suicide's music.

I've just discovered the visuals are influenced by a Czechoslovakian film called...Daisy.

On 03/02/2022 at 18:17, Empty It said:

I don't get it either, but I don't think they spend all that money for nothing.

I saw something about advertising a while ago that said some of the most popular adverts of their time, like the Energizer Bunny campaign, resulted in a drop in sales.

On 23/01/2022 at 22:33, Arch Stanton said:

I don't even know what the advert is for but it features Cilla Black caterwauling her way through "Surprise Surprise".

Just f**k off.

Apparently, that was the response of every member of cabin crew on every flight Cilla Black ever took.

Tbh companies whose selling point is removing hassle of research like "go compare", "compare the market" etc have probably done it right by making their ads memorably irritating. The meerkat one is outstandingly evil in its use of the child "pester factor".

I don't know if it's been mentioned but there's a Wowcher advert with Katherine Ryan that had me catatonic with cringe. 

Adverts generally make me glad I don't have a telly.

On 10/02/2022 at 09:12, velo army said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned but there's a Wowcher advert with Katherine Ryan that had me catatonic with cringe. 

Had a quick look to see what you're talking about, and I noticed that one of her adverts is for "65% off Alpaca Experiences"  :blink:

Sorry @Melanius Mullarkay, it's probably not what you're envisioning.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Had a quick look to see what you're talking about, and I noticed that one of her adverts is for "65% off Alpaca Experiences"  :blink:

Sorry @Melanius Mullarkay, it's probably not what you're envisioning.

30 seconds of Katherine Ryan has me catatonic by the end. Well one of my arms anyway.