Thanks, aye, just updating my post to say that.

As I say it'll surely be even more next week: as East Stirlingshire will presumably bring more supporters than Cove did, there are only 2 LL games on (at EK and Gretna) whereas there were 4 today including Spartans being at home, and it will have added attraction for neutrals. Hearts were at home today and are again next week.

Only fly in ointment could be Hibs if finish 3rd: when is playoff QF 2nd leg?

I was thinking about Hibs being in a play off game as well affecting the crowd but if Hearts are at home on the Saturday I can't see the police having both sides playing on the same day at home.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, aye, just updating my post to say that.

As I say it'll surely be even more next week: as East Stirlingshire will presumably bring more supporters than Cove did, there are only 2 LL games on (at EK and Gretna) whereas there were 4 today including Spartans being at home, and it will have added attraction for neutrals. Hearts were at home today and are again next week.

Only fly in ointment could be Hibs if finish 3rd: when is playoff QF 2nd leg?

It's supposed to be Saturday but someone who works as a steward has been asked if they could work Sunday for a possible 5:15 KO.

Good to see joined up thinking and plenty advanced notice for fans from SPFL.

If it was Sat lunchtime but didn't go to ET some Hibs fans may do both.

Suppose the SPFL can't really announce things until they know who finishes 3rd.

Pretty dull game but then I guess City did what they had to do. On that performance I'd like to think Shire should have no problem but them I'm forgetting that Shire have delivered similar performances over the season.

I hope shire have improved since last season then. They were extremely lucky to get past a mid-table LL side when they played Whitehill.

The drawback to East Stirlingshire going down is that - rightly or wrongly - almost no-one would be clamouring for their return or stand to lose out by a significant amount for their absence, such as losing a local derby for example. As national level sides taking the drop go, it's a bit of a 'free hit' that won't incentivise greater movement between the levels.

The drawback to East Stirlingshire going down is that - rightly or wrongly - almost no-one would be clamouring for their return or stand to lose out by a significant amount for their absence, such as losing a local derby for example. As national level sides taking the drop go, it's a bit of a 'free hit' that won't incentivise greater movement between the levels.

East Stirlingshire have taken a large number of fans up to Borough Briggs on a number of occasions and I don't see Edinburgh City filling that gap. I don't know about other sides but East Stirlingshire are generally treated with a fair amount of respect and it would be a poorer league without them - especially if another Angus team is to be joining us.

Am I right in thinking that Cove have allowed there own stadium to rot whilst building a team to win titles? Surely this isn't fair? Anyway, good luck to East Stirling in the final, Edinburgh would be a decent away day for pubs and stuff but Meadowbank should never host a senior football match again as it's worse than central park (nearly)

East Stirlingshire have taken a large number of fans up to Borough Briggs on a number of occasions and I don't see Edinburgh City filling that gap. I don't know about other sides but East Stirlingshire are generally treated with a fair amount of respect and it would be a poorer league without them - especially if another Angus team is to be joining us.

How much is a large number of fans ?

The result on the park decides matches not respect from other fans ?

How much is a large number of fans ? The result on the park decides matches not respect from other fans ?

Sure, but tell me how great the match day experience is when you have a league full of Clydes.

So if Meadowbank is to be destroyed to City have plans in place for there own stadium?

Meadowbank is to be rebuilt with a much smaller stand, situated closer to the pitch. After next season City will be ground sharing for up to three years, don't know where yet.

Meadowbank is to be rebuilt with a much smaller stand, situated closer to the pitch. After next season City will be ground sharing for up to three years, don't know where yet.

There is no lack of licensed grounds in the Edinburgh area that also have floodlights - a SPFL requirement:

Ainslie Park (Spartans) - 3G

Pefermill (Edinburgh Uni)

Pennypit Park (Preston Athletic)

I was thinking about Hibs being in a play off game as well affecting the crowd but if Hearts are at home on the Saturday I can't see the police having both sides playing on the same day at home.

It's supposed to be Saturday but someone who works as a steward has been asked if they could work Sunday for a possible 5:15 KO.

Good to see joined up thinking and plenty advanced notice for fans from SPFL.

If it was Sat lunchtime but didn't go to ET some Hibs fans may do both.

Suppose the SPFL can't really announce things until they know who finishes 3rd.

Whole thing has now turned into a farce.

Announced dates (still on SPFL website!):

http://spfl.co.uk/key-dates/

league ends - Sunday 1st May

QF 1st leg - Wednesday 4th May

QF 2nd leg - Saturday 7th May

SF 1st leg - Wednesday 11th May

SF 2nd leg - Saturday 14th May

Final 1st leg - Thursday 19th May *

Final 2nd leg - Sunday 22nd May *

* or Tuesday 17th & Tuesday 24th May if Hibs involved

Then reported QF 2nd leg moving to Sunday 8th.

Now dates are:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-play-clubs-collision-course-7869872#wcS7RE8pHXWi0uJE.97

league ends - Sunday 1st May

QF 1st leg - Wednesday 4th May (not on TV)

QF 2nd leg - Saturday 7th May (lunchtime kick-off)

SF 1st leg - Tuesday 10th May

SF 2nd leg - Friday 13th May

Final 1st leg - Thursday 19th May *

Final 2nd leg - Sunday 22nd May *

* or Tuesday 17th & Wednesday 25th May if Hibs involved

So Hibs v Raith is just before City v 'Shire.

Who'd have thought that adding in a meaningless extra play-off round to help out the team in the big league would lead to fixture congestion, eh?

Today it has came to light that EC have a policy where no under 18s are allowed in Meadowbank unless they are accompanied by an adult!!!

How can a person who can help determine our next government on Thursday not be allowed into see a Lowland League team?

Archived