Hamilton Academical v Heart of Midlothian, 29/08/2015

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I've enjoyed the Hearts seethe about yesterdays game, something caught my eye. Neilson's comments about Collum. So I decided to have a look.

Collum took charge of 4 Hearts games last season. He sent off 2 hearts players. In the game against Hibs he also sent off a Hibs player and awarded Hearts a penalty. Against Celtic he sent off Gomis for a 2-footed feet off the ground lunge. Hearts won 2 of the games he reffed, they lost 2 (both against Celtic).

Hardly an anti-Hearts agenda. Needing to practice with 10 men when they see the official they're getting? Smells like shite.

Robbie Neilson's the new Stephen Pressley.

Same clothes.

Same hair.

Same deflecting from his managerial shortcomings.

It's pretty obvious that our 3rd goal shouldn't have counted but I've heard from a few folk that someone (not sure when) was offside for Hearts' first. Would like to see it again. I'm sure Sportscene will give us numerous camera angles and in-depth analysis of that and the red card...

I've also had a wee gander at Kickback today. Brilliant reading :lol:

Hearts are still the best team we've played so far and I can't see them getting anything other than top 6 and will most likely get top 4.

Good to see how many people we've made utterly livid messes so far, though. Just look at all these diddy club supporters lining up for a pop at the capital big boys.

Can't believe it's taken to page 13 before club size comes into it. It had all been going so well, and all.

Size matters? I don't think so. 3-2.

It's pretty obvious that our 3rd goal shouldn't have counted but I've heard from a few folk that someone (not sure when) was offside for Hearts' first. Would like to see it again. I'm sure Sportscene will give us numerous camera angles and in-depth analysis of that and the red card...

I've also had a wee gander at Kickback today. Brilliant reading :lol:

Hearts are still the best team we've played so far and I can't see them getting anything other than top 6 and will most likely get top 4.

I agree about our third goal. That's clearly a linesman error Collum and the linesman in cahoots against the jamtarts.

As for the Hearts' first, we'll have to see what the Beeb shows us. If there is an offside, it's not in the clip I've seen so could only be in the buildup. I'm sure it's not offside though because WC would not have missed any opportunity to chalk off a valid jambo strike.

Sarcasm aside, three very fine strikes in that game. I'm sure our first is McGovern's and, if not, at least he's got the assist.

"We practised with ten men at training when we heard Willie Collum was the referee"

Imagine the ridicule on here and in general had Neil Lennon or any other Celtic manager came out with a statement like that

Would be even worse if said team actually went on and played as if they had zero practice with ten men.

I've still not seen a replay of the red card, but the thing that annoys me with referees more than anything is consistency. They'll give someone a red card for one challenge, but a yellow to another similar challenge. There's no consistency in the decisions of officials in Scotland, and Collum in particular. As said earlier, Hamilton were the better team and probably deserved their win over the 90 minutes.

There's no consistency with officials pretty much anywhere, nevermind in Scotland.

Whenever I watch an English game, 9/10 times I'll think the officials have had a good game, and get most of the big decisions right. Wouldn't say that's the case here.

I assume this will not be a popular opinion.

Boys the best LB in the league m8.

Yup, players never have bad matches. I mean, that just doesn't happen in sport.

Good to see you're still a fuming mess, though.

Archived