RISE - The "Scottish Syriza"

DeeTillEhDeh

They're the Lib Dem's peers now Fibbers suck it up. Your joke party isn't in a position to be sneering at another.

Number of seats that will be won by Solidarity, ever: 0

Number of seats that will be won by the Liberal Democrats: >0

Away and shite.

I would be happy to support RISE but they need to get rid of the old generation. Anyone over the age of 60 isn't relevant to the modern ways of Generation Y. Guys like Jim Sillars are just dead-weight.

My impression was that the youth have largely taken over in RISE, certainly compared to the SSP although my activism ended not long after the referendum so have only been to a single RISE circle and that was all youngsters (Glasgow South).

It was always a tall order getting their shit together in such a short time frame. I'll be voting for Cat Boyd with my second vote and I really hope we see a couple in there but seems unlikely. Nobody seems to know they exist.

I would be happy to support RISE but they need to get rid of the old generation. Anyone over the age of 60 isn't relevant to the modern ways of Generation Y. Guys like Jim Sillars are just dead-weight.

Aye, youngsters are the way to go..

CeOHjRxWEAA41jM.png

"We are seeing brutal all out attacks on the most vulnerable in our society including pensioners"

10x83nm.png

"We are seeing brutal all out attacks on the most vulnerable in our society including pensioners"

The Rise Young Team: today's teen rebellion phase of tomorrow's ultra-Tory b*****ds.

The thing with the RISE young team is who is going to tell them otherwise?

Electoral alliances are fine until there is a disciplinary issue. Whilst their top regional candidate is retweeting their pish with "actual lolz" it just encourages them.

I probably would have joined them at 19 right enough.

So here's Solidarity standing a former NF/BNP organiser and Grand Wizard of the KKK as a candidate:

https://107cowgate.com/2016/04/15/solidarity-and-the-kkk-grand-wizard/

:lol:

Although to be fair, the far-left & far-right do have a fair bit of cross-over. Ray Hill was probably the most notorious, the "reformed" Nazi whose shop still had regular visitations of all manner of nazi headbangers passing on info for his column in Searchlight.

Then there was Tim Hepple, whose "wrecking" of the BNP for Searchlight was such a success they won their first ever council seat a few months later (Derek Beackon) after he was outed by Larry O'Hara & Class War's Tim Scargill as having some very dubious links to British intelligence services & some whackjob ones with Ray Hill trying to infiltrate the UFOlogists & trying to get the tinhatters to break into "secret" RAF bases to steal proof of alien abductions in the UK.

Slightly more interesting is that the 107 Cowgate article appears to be lifted - almost word for word - from the favourite website of the "Disaster Race"

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1086104/

Don't these hobby politicos ever do any original research of their own?

As for “AFA did recruit from the political opposition but usually at a lower level where young working class people flirting with the NF or BNP would be persuaded to come over to the side of progressive politics." " - complete fantasy. They like most of the far-right were only interested in a punch up & were about as much use to "progressive politics" as Margaret Thatcher was to coal mining & steel production in this country.

One correction: Gareth Norman was never an NF organiser in Dundee - the only one they ever had was David McDonald until he and "the Ardler branch" (David & his handful of bigot drinking buddies) were expelled for not paying their printing bill to the NF under Ian Anderson in the 1990s. After their split, they were let back in during John McAuley's leadership until the branch collapsed upon McDonald's move to Aberdeen. I'm guessing Norman & co then went to the BNP at the beginning of Nasty Nick's moves to modernise & take them over from Tynpot.