Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

I'm a fan of Brown, I think some of the criticism he gets is ridiculous and he's been a great player for Scotland over the years, but none of that means I can't see that he's been poor in his last two games for Scotland and is having a poor season for his club so far. If they're both fit, I'd definitely go with McArthur and Fletcher.

Brown by all accounts was excellent against Fenerbache last week.

I think we will need him on Thursday.

We need an on form Scott Brown. Had a poor season for club and country so far but did have a good game on Thursday, is that enough to earn him a start? I'd say he's a nailed on starter. Fletcher has played every minute of every game since moving to West Brom and in the past has been a huge player for us. Does McArthur deserve to be dropped after his performance against Germany? Would be harsh imo.

I'd be tempted to play all 3, push Naismith up front and drop Fletcher. Can't see Gord doing that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's several reasons in fact, and none of them are releated to his ability as a footballer. Scott Brown could've played in the EPL any time he wanted.

Did you forget that literally months after joining Celtic he was the subject of a £9M bid from Newcastle? :1eye

I did forget that tbh, I think Newcastle got off lightly. He is a good player but what has set him above the rest in Scotland imo is his abilities as a leader and to motivate his team mates.

He has gone off the boil recently, don't think there is any denying that. I didn't see Thursdays game, folk saying he played well but not enough to earn a starting place imo.

He will undoubtedly start as he's one of Strachan's favourites and has been a big player for us but how many shite games does he need to have before it's even considered for him to be dropped?

He will undoubtedly start as he's one of Strachan's favourites and has been a big player for us but how many shite games does he need to have before it's even considered for him to be dropped?

How many shite games has he actually had though? He was immense in the first few games. Even Ireland away I didn't think he was that bad tbh

In typical Scottish style, there's numerous ways we can f**k this up or can be fucked over by other results.

I can't decide how I think we'll blow it yet but at the moment I'm edging towards a draw v the Poles. I am currently questioning spending 86 quid on two tickets, and an arse of a drive down through the A9 roadworks to be back in time for work at 6. However, maybe, just maybe ....

In typical Scottish style, there's numerous ways we can f**k this up or can be fucked over by other results.

I can't decide how I think we'll blow it yet but at the moment I'm edging towards a draw v the Poles. I am currently questioning spending 86 quid on two tickets, and an arse of a drive down through the A9 roadworks to be back in time for work at 6. However, maybe, just maybe ....

We've blown it with our own incompetence against Ireland and Georgia. Our typical style is not being good enough. Not having this romanticised failure nonsense.

The damage has already been done which is why I think there is a lack of excitement about this game.

The Scottish way would be getting into the play-offs, beat Holland 3-0 at home and lose 4-0 away with a last minute double from Robben.

Other than 1 result we pretty much done everything required to get a top 2 finish, can moan about the Ireland draw but we eliminated them on the head to head until our f**k up in Georgia. Ireland and Poland getting results v Germany was out of our control which has cost us too.

We've blown it with our own incompetence against Ireland and Georgia. Our typical style is not being good enough. Not having this romanticised failure nonsense.

4 points v Ireland isn't incompetence. The Georgia game just highlighted why we aren't good enough to qualify in the top two. We can still do it, f**k all romantic about it though.

Wee heads up for anyone else getting the train from Perth/Dundee.

Major engineering works at Glasgow Central on this day means trains back will more than likely be changed to buses or detoured VIA cumbernauld etc. I've just noticed there whilst checking.

Archived