Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

Why is this a 'LOL'? Darren Fletcher is a much better player and has proved it at a much higher level than Brown.

There is a reason Brown hasn't left the scottish premier league.

ETA: I think we will win 2-1.

Darren Fletcher was a much better player. Debatable whether he is now unfortunately after his horrific illness issues. It's a close-run thing.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is this a 'LOL'? Darren Fletcher is a much better player and has proved it at a much higher level than Brown.

ETA: I think we will win 2-1.

There's also a reason why Scott Brown is captain of Scotland over Fletcher and plays for Scotland (like Morrison/McArthur/Mulgrew have as well) over Fletcher every single time too.

I like Fletcher and want him playing on Thursday but Brown is captain and will rightly not get dropped.

I think people forget how poor everybody has been recently for us, as usual though the big names just get the brunt of it.

I absolutely agree with this

There's also a reason why Scott Brown is captain of Scotland over Fletcher and plays for Scotland (like Morrison/McArthur/Mulgrew have as well) over Fletcher every single time too.

I like Fletcher and want him playing on Thursday but Brown is captain and will rightly not get dropped.

I think people forget how poor everybody has been recently for us, as usual though the big names just get the brunt of it.

Have to disagree with you there. Brown has been terrible the games I've seen him in recently, his last couple for Scotland and against Aberdeen especially.

He was marking Quinn for the corner that he scored, he just left him and let him run in to score. I hope he puts in a great performance and we get 3 points but I would have Fletcher over Brown every time.

I agree however that the whole team has been poor really, the Georgia game was just awful. The fans will be up for it though and that should give the players some extra motivation.

I can't see them not scoring(lewandowski) so we are going to need goals from somewhere. Griffiths to start.

It is a good point, but I would say that Levein isn't quite the same. He made an absolute shitemare of the group we had. Started by drawing against Lithuania, then did something bad in Prague (can't quite remember what it was...), then had one last chance to snatch a playoff place if we could beat a very poor Czech Republic side at Hampden. And we didn't. Looking back at those results, it's hard to see how we missed out. Whereas this time around, Poland and Germany are very likely to take the top 2 places. We should be finishing ahead of Ireland, but they're a better side now than the Czechs were back then.

The chilling part of that article is the Italy one. Remember when Georgia beat us? Hope that doesn't happ...oh baws.

While I can see where you're coming from, in this case a draw would be a good result. Not the best result, but it at least keeps us in it - presuming Ireland don't get anything against Germany. But saying it would be a good result doesn't mean we should be aiming for that result. We really need a win, so we go for that, but if we draw it isn't the end of the World.

Do we need other results to go for us if it's a draw?

Remember back when we automatically qualified all the time? At that stage, even a draw in the likes of Georgia would have been seen as a disaster. I feel that we now go to away games looking not to lose rather than looking to win. That may just be down to the team being bog average. Even so, we need to go for the win more often in places like Ireland and Georgia. Those were winnable games and we just couldn't manage it.

Now we're seeing a play-off place as the best result possible. I just get the feeling this is all going to end in tears.

The reason "big name" players like Brown get a lot more negative reaction after a dreadful team performance (Georgia) is that as captain and a so called "big name" player, they are the players you look to when the chips are down to produce something or help drag the team on to a better performance, something i feel Brown is completely incapable of. When the going gets tough he disappears.

I'd start Fletcher and McArthur in the middle of the park on Thursday.

On the fence whether to go. Presumed it would be sold out so surprised to see tickets still available through the SFA. £45 seems a bit ridiculous but it could be an absolute belter of a game.

On the fence whether to go. Presumed it would be sold out so surprised to see tickets still available through the SFA. £45 seems a bit ridiculous but it could be an absolute belter of a game.

Watch it in boozer

That really depends. Should Strachan keep the number of SPL players selected to a minimum then it will be competitive. If he goes the leftfield way of the last few games then coronation street might be of more interest.

What are the reasons?

Because he's been a consistently good performer for Scotland over the years and he is one of our most experienced players.

He's also unquestionably, at least, one of our best and most important 5 players. Can't be many people that would argue with that...

So many games I've been at where he has gave the fans and the team such a huge lift with his energy and performances. Been poor recently but usually such a big player for us. Captain for a reason. 100 percent positive he'll be captaining us in the WC qualifiers as well.

There's several reasons in fact, and none of them are releated to his ability as a footballer. Scott Brown could've played in the EPL any time he wanted.

Did you forget that literally months after joining Celtic he was the subject of a £9M bid from Newcastle? :1eye

Because he's been a consistently good performer for Scotland over the years and he is one of our most experienced players.

He's also unquestionably, at least, one of our best and most important 5 players. Can't be many people that would argue with that...

So many games I've been at where he has gave the fans and the team such a huge lift with his energy and performances. Been poor recently but usually such a big player for us. Captain for a reason. 100 percent positive he'll be captaining us in the WC qualifiers as well.

Whilst I agree with quite a lot of those points Fletcher is a much better player imo and shouldn't be left rotting on our bench

I'm a fan of Brown, I think some of the criticism he gets is ridiculous and he's been a great player for Scotland over the years, but none of that means I can't see that he's been poor in his last two games for Scotland and is having a poor season for his club so far. If they're both fit, I'd definitely go with McArthur and Fletcher.

I'm a fan of Brown, I think some of the criticism he gets is ridiculous and he's been a great player for Scotland over the years, but none of that means I can't see that he's been poor in his last two games for Scotland and is having a poor season for his club so far. If they're both fit, I'd definitely go with McArthur and Fletcher.

Brown by all accounts was excellent against Fenerbache last week.

I think we will need him on Thursday.

Archived