• Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall

Whittaker Martin Hanley Robertson

McArthur D.Flether

Maloney Jim Morrison Anya

Naismith

That's how I'd play assuming all of them are fit

Jim Morrison, sadly, isn't in the squad. And his namesake James Morrison is suspended. So neither will play.

Jim Morrison, sadly, isn't in the squad. And his namesake James Morrison is suspended. So neither will play.

Alas, reports indicate that Jim Morrison is not just unfit and missing from the squad, but has been dead for over 40 years.

Interesting that a few people think in that scenario Poland and Ireland would play out a draw.

If it's 0-0 after 85 minutes would Ireland just accept the playoff spot or try and steal a late winner? Poland won't risk that in my opinion.

Correct but if Poland are 1-0 up in stoppage time they won`t be that bothered if Ireland equalise.

I don`t think many are assuming some sort of fix just that if a draw is a decent result for both teams then it`s quite a likely outcome.

Interesting that a few people think in that scenario Poland and Ireland would play out a draw.

If it's 0-0 after 85 minutes would Ireland just accept the playoff spot or try and steal a late winner? Poland won't risk that in my opinion.

I don't know...it's a big unknown quantity. If we draw, then a point would be good enough for Poland, so you could see them going out to play for that. Ireland could then qualify automatically with a win, so I'd be amazed if they didn't go out to win the game. That would surely see Poland at least make an attempt on the counter.

Like Doonhammer says, I doubt they'll go out and just pass the ball around the back 4, but if they've gone at it for 80 minutes and it's heading for a draw, I could see them not exactly trying to do anything more. Ireland will know that if they push and get caught, they're out (because we'll be pumping Gibraltar, ken)

I've got a feeling that WGS will go 4-5-1 in this game. Primarily to put someone there to either man mark or stop the ball getting to Lebandowski, (probably McArthur).

To that end, I think S Fletcher won't start this one but either Rhodes or Naismith will be up top. I think Ritchie is more likely to start this one than Anya due to his crossing and passing.

Marshall

Hutton-Martin-Hanley-Robertson

Maloney-Fletcher-McArthur-Brown-Ritchie

Naismith(Rhodes)

With WGS showing undying loyalty to the likes of Mahoney, Forrest and Fletcher, we have no chance.

And with good reason, Forrest aside. I have wanted Maloney on the bench in near enough every game of the campaign and he's our top goalscorer. Once more I don't want him to start Thursday, but if he does I'll understand why.

And with good reason, Forrest aside. I have wanted Maloney on the bench in near enough every game of the campaign and he's our top goalscorer. Once more I don't want him to start Thursday, but if he does I'll understand why.

Why haven't you wanted Maloney to start?

Archived