Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny to remember how close we've come to qualifying with "failure" managers Vogts and Burley. Even Levein had us close to qualification! So far Strachan is in the same boat, needs to get everything right in this game to be seen as anything better in my mind.

Why are folk shitting it here?

They're just as poor/good as Scotland. Absolutely nothing to fear.

Exactly. We got a 2-2 draw in Poland. No reason we can't beat them in Scotland.

There was talk on the radio (admittedly just that gimp Chick on Radio Scotland) of a draw being a good result. This kind of attitude of a draw being a good result is poor. Unless it's the likes of Germany at home, a draw is not what we should be looking for. Go for the win.

Funny to remember how close we've come to qualifying with "failure" managers Vogts and Burley. Even Levein had us close to qualification! So far Strachan is in the same boat, needs to get everything right in this game to be seen as anything better in my mind.

It is a good point, but I would say that Levein isn't quite the same. He made an absolute shitemare of the group we had. Started by drawing against Lithuania, then did something bad in Prague (can't quite remember what it was...), then had one last chance to snatch a playoff place if we could beat a very poor Czech Republic side at Hampden. And we didn't. Looking back at those results, it's hard to see how we missed out. Whereas this time around, Poland and Germany are very likely to take the top 2 places. We should be finishing ahead of Ireland, but they're a better side now than the Czechs were back then.

The chilling part of that article is the Italy one. Remember when Georgia beat us? Hope that doesn't happ...oh baws.

Exactly. We got a 2-2 draw in Poland. No reason we can't beat them in Scotland.

There was talk on the radio (admittedly just that gimp Chick on Radio Scotland) of a draw being a good result. This kind of attitude of a draw being a good result is poor. Unless it's the likes of Germany at home, a draw is not what we should be looking for. Go for the win.

While I can see where you're coming from, in this case a draw would be a good result. Not the best result, but it at least keeps us in it - presuming Ireland don't get anything against Germany. But saying it would be a good result doesn't mean we should be aiming for that result. We really need a win, so we go for that, but if we draw it isn't the end of the World.

So to clarify we need:

With 6 points:

-Anything other than Ireland beating Germany AND not beating Poland

With 4 points:

-Ireland must lose both games

Doesn't matter about the result between Poland and Ireland if we get 6 points and Ireland don't beat Germany

Really? How does the math work there?

If we get 6 points and Ireland don't beat Germany, then strangely we're guaranteed 3rd, but Ireland and Poland will then fight it out for who finishes 2nd and 4th. Our head to head will beat both sides, so whoever loses will finish 4th. A draw will favour the Poles.

It would really be the best outcome. A win against Poland would likely eliminate the possibility of Ireland and Poland going out and achieving a mutually beneficial result.

Lollll

Why is this a 'LOL'? Darren Fletcher is a much better player and has proved it at a much higher level than Brown.

There is a reason Brown hasn't left the scottish premier league.

ETA: I think we will win 2-1.

Archived