Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

He was very lucky not to be sent off but in all honesty I thought he was easily one of our better players v Germany.

Agree with this. Morrison along with Martin are my first two on the team sheet every game.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that's nonsense. He's built like a shithouse and the bulk is all upper body/shoulders. That is supposedly one of his strengths

and there we have it , built like a brick shithouse. Footballers are not shaped like him anymore cart-horses are

and there we have it , built like a brick shithouse. Footballers are not shaped like him anymore cart-horses are

Carlos tevez, shaqiri, cavani to name three off the top of my head have a similar body shape that they use to good effect. I'm not saying Martin is anywhere close to their level (indeed, I don't rate him), but his physique is definitely one of his assets.

My team would be

Gordon

Hutton (bardsley?!) martin hanley robertson

Fletcher Mcarthur

Maloney Ritchie Anya

Naismith

I would probably do the same, although definitely Hutton on the right barring any injuries, upturns in form. The bolded ones I think are where Strachan may deviate. I would definitely start Robertson, and hopefully Mulgrew probably being out or at least short of match practice will make him do it. Fletcher I think will end up being Brown, and that could end up being a good decision. If Brown can rise to the occasion, I think he has the potential to be a better option than Fletcher. Given his form recently though, Darren would be better.

The front four above is probably what I'd go with, although Ritchie wide instead of Maloney. I wonder if he'll swap out Ritchie though to put Naismith behind Fletcher. Naismith absolutely has to start IMO, but it's just whether WGS thinks he can be good in the lone front-man role in this system. If he can, he's in instead of Fletcher. If not, he'll play behind. Hopefully.

Carlos tevez, shaqiri, cavani to name three off the top of my head have a similar body shape that they use to good effect. I'm not saying Martin is anywhere close to their level (indeed, I don't rate him), but his physique is definitely one of his assets.

hahahah, tevez, shaqiri, cavani are top class and have pace to burn are mobile and can play. Martins physique is what you class as overweight carthorse

My Team would be:

Gordon

Hutton Martin Hanley Roberston

Brown

Anya Fletcher Armstrong

Naismith

Fletcher

Have some balls and go all out to win, no more of this 2 def midfielders nonsense, were almost at the stage of deploying 3 def midfielders in games its honking.

I truly believe when we finally get a manager who actually sets his team out to attack at home we will qaulify for a finals untill then its a pipe dream

I truly believe when we finally get a manager who actually sets his team out to attack at home we will qaulify for a finals untill then its a pipe dream

Or, you know, get pumped because we've decided to sack the defensive side. If we had a strong back 4, fair enough, but we don't. They need protection, so going down the cliched "WEER AT HOME SO WE SHOOD ATTAK!" route will just lead to us getting ragged, not to a major tournament.

My Team would be:

Gordon

Hutton Martin Hanley Roberston

Brown

Anya Fletcher Armstrong

Naismith

Fletcher

Have some balls and go all out to win, no more of this 2 def midfielders nonsense, were almost at the stage of deploying 3 def midfielders in games its honking.

I truly believe you know f**k all about football

I truly believe you know f**k all about football

I know a lot more than you and dont need to elaborate. Picking a team to try and not concede against a team selected to attack theres only only 1 winner FACT.

This is just my opinion after all its a forum and i still want the same result as the rest of you Scotland to qualify.

AUFC see no need for the insult, but i,m guessing your another keboard hardnut

I know a lot more than you and dont need to elaborate. Picking a team to try and not concede against a team selected to attack theres only only 1 winner FACT.

This is just my opinion after all its a forum and i still want the same result as the rest of you Scotland to qualify.

AUFC see no need for the insult, but i,m guessing your another keboard hardnut

Aye, maybe you're ri...

torres_2202365b.jpg

168190-tony-watt-teenager-scored-an-83rd

McFaddenGoalSDM_468x304.jpg

Naw, wait, you're talking absolute pish again.

jose-mourinho-allenatore-inter.jpg

Are we good enough defensively to set up like that though? The Celtic and Scotland ones you posted there relied hugely on luck and inspired goalkeeping performances. Too big a match to risk that methinks but tbf, it's not an easy one to set up for either way

Are we good enough defensively to set up like that though? The Celtic and Scotland ones you posted there relied hugely on luck and inspired goalkeeping performances. Too big a match to risk that methinks but tbf, it's not an easy one to set up for either way

My point was purely about the bolded part, given it's nowhere near a fact that seems who setup defensively never win. It was a ludicrous point.

It's a confusing point you make though - if we're not good enough defensively to set up defensively, then we're not going to magically get better by going on the attack. Our striking options are probably only not considered our biggest worry because our lack of depth at the back is scarier. Plus the fact that I don't think we do set up particularly defensively. Some people just seem to think that because there's only one striker, we obviously must be defensive. Against Georgia we weren't particularly defensive, we were just shit, and ironically coming up against a side who were happy to play ultra defensively. Hence why we lost, because we have no idea what to do in that situation.

Archived