Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

We used to rely on Stevie Crawford up front.....he's nowhere near the worst striker let alone player...

Chris Martin has been a major disappointment, no doubting that, but I don't get the calls for him to be completely binned. He's not had that much of a look in and as a nation that has been crying out for strikers we've finally got strikers that have been scoring at a good level consistently, Martin included. Unfortunately Fletcher has that spot probably for the remainder of this campaign so I doubt Martin, Griffiths or any other striker will see much game time short of Fletcher being injured.

Agree with this. I thought against Germany he showed more in the few minutes he had than he has in any of the other appearances he's managed. He's not been hugely impressive, but to say he's the worst player ever is just misguided or trolling. He's not even worst striker, like you say.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi folks!

I help out at the British Heart Foundation shop in Alloa, and we get the odd bit of football memorabilia in now and then. As some of this stuff is out of print and probably of interest to folks on P&B, I figure that I'll start posting messages on the appropriate threads to let posters here know (assuming the mods don't mind).

We just got in a hardback copy of 'Scotland's Greatest Games' by David Potter, pretty much as new. It's the exact same one that someone's listed here - ISBN: 978-1-84818-200-4.

If anyone's interested, drop by the BHF shop on Mill Street in Alloa - it's available for £3.99. Send me a PM and I can have it put aside for you. Alternatively, I'm happy to mail it out for the cost of postage (probably about £3).

Martin hasn't really got his teeth into any of the games he's played so far. I think it's unfair to bin him...that said, others have been all but binned for him (e.g. Rhodes and McCormack).

If wgs' thinking is "any EPL striker is in, regardless of form, while spfl prem an English champ strikers have battle it out for the last few spots", then that seems like a reasonable rule of thumb.

It is frustrating that the likes if McCormack and Rhodes can't break into the EPL. It'd give us more competition for starting slots in an area where we need players with a hunger to deliver.

Doesn't matter as he's suspended anyway but dropping Morrison is a bizarre shout, he's been possibly the most consistent performer for Scotland for a good while.

Personally thought Morrison was a passenger last 2 game and lucky not to be sent off against Germany.

I think it has been playing beside Brown that has made Morrison look bad. Brown has been rotten the last few games and that is putting more pressure on Morrison.

Fletcher McArthur in the middle against Poland, Naismith up front with Anya and Ritchie out wide and Morrison in behind the striker.

We need to change it up quite a bit i reckon as we have been horrendous in the middle of the park lately. Not been a fan of Ritchie in a Scotland top so far but his club form I think more than merits a place.

I think it has been playing beside Brown that has made Morrison look bad. Brown has been rotten the last few games and that is putting more pressure on Morrison.

Fletcher McArthur in the middle against Poland, Naismith up front with Anya and Ritchie out wide and Morrison in behind the striker.

We need to change it up quite a bit i reckon as we have been horrendous in the middle of the park lately. Not been a fan of Ritchie in a Scotland top so far but his club form I think more than merits a place.

Morrison is suspended v Poland.

Archived