IndyRef2

Crùbag

Would be shocked if there isn't any mention of a second referendum but would also be shocked if there's a formal commitment.

I expect Sturgeon to play it safe by saying that an SNP government would reserve the right to call a 2nd referendum if at any point during the term they believe there is significant demand for one.

Sounds about right Mr B. Still reckon 2021/ 2022 will be the time period

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should Scotland be an independent country? (under 55s): Yes: 56% No: 44% (Survation, 8 -12 January 2016)

http://survation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Final-Scomnibus-I-Tables-DR-1c0d2h9-51.pdf

Tick tock.

8% who voted NO last time round would vote YES, only 3% the other way.

And 1.3% can't remember if the voted in the Referendum! Christ I've got a bad memory but that's shocking.

Tick tock.

And 1.3% can't remember if the voted in the Referendum! Christ I've got a bad memory but that's shocking.

Meh of the 8% who voted NO last time, I guess there would be at least a quarter of them voting NO again. All guess work obviously but its easy enough to say they'd change their mind just now when there is no consequences.

Of the small number of NO voters I know, a couple of them have said they regret their decision but I'd still expect them to be scared into voting NO again.

Tick tock.

I thought you all hated the union supporting daily record rag and that it printed non stop lies ?

I thought you all hated the union supporting daily record rag and that it printed non stop lies ?

Eh, it's a Survation poll. You commission polling companies to do the polling. That's the point.

The Record could have withheld to the results, they can't change them.

It's unlikely support for independence is that high. If there was a referendum next year. The No side would still likely win 52-53% of the vote. After all, there could be a shy Tory voter syndrome in relation to these polls.

We do - that's why it's dying on its arse.

However, this poll was prepared on behalf of the rag, not by it. It's probably slightly out of kilter, but not by all that much. I suspect we're actually closer to 51/49 either way at the moment, but momentum's only going the one way both in terms of attitudes and demographics.

It's just a case of playing the long game until independence is consistently polling around 55%, which will likely happen over the next 5-10 years - maybe less.

We do - that's why it's dying on its arse.

However, this poll was prepared on behalf of the rag, not by it. It's probably slightly out of kilter, but not by all that much. I suspect we're actually closer to 51/49 either way at the moment, but momentum's only going the one way both in terms of attitudes and demographics.

It's just a case of playing the long game until independence is consistently polling around 55%, which will likely happen over the next 5-10 years - maybe less.

so your calling every country outside of the EU being in Isolation?

Nope. I'm pointing out that being inside the EU is no barrier to being an independent sovereign state. I'm not sure why you think it is. (Unless you want to clarify what you mean by "true independence" - I can't think of any countries which are truly independent; all of them cooperate with others and rely on them for all kinds of things whilst being recognised as independent nation states.)

Nope. I'm pointing out that being inside the EU is no barrier to being an independent sovereign state. I'm not sure why you think it is. (Unless you want to clarify what you mean by "true independence" - I can't think of any countries which are truly independent; all of them cooperate with others and rely on them for all kinds of things whilst being recognised as independent nation states.)

apart from the fact they push laws without the consent of our democratically elected government if you think that is true independent then i feel sorry for you

apart from the fact they push laws without the consent of our democratically elected government if you think that is true independent then i feel sorry for you

Oh boo hoo big bad EU and its dirty furrin laws. You'll notice I've said that no country is truly independent. If you fear the influence of supranational unions that's your misfortune. In an independent Scotland (out of the incorporating union which pushes laws against the will of our democratically elected government) you could push for EU withdrawal.

Oh boo hoo big bad EU and its dirty furrin laws. You'll notice I've said that no country is truly independent. If you fear the influence of supranational unions that's your misfortune. In an independent Scotland (out of the incorporating union which pushes laws against the will of our democratically elected government) you could push for EU withdrawal.

the poor big bad Westminster... the evil of the world scotland is so suffering.............

if scotland wanted true independence that is out of both Unions

Archived