IndyRef2

Crùbag

You do understand getting 100% of a plummenting oil price than the scraps we get now is better?

not me you need to convince im still yes, not enough people are tho.

people often say what a negative bastart i am, and maybe theyre right , but im realistic, i dont believe something will happen just becuase I want it to. just like ive never believed that falkirk WILL win a major trophy even on the 3 occasions in my life we've got to a final. to this day ive not been overly dissapointed

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Examples please.

Also, have no UK citizens benefited from the ECHR?

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/71718.article

"The ECtHR found that for a life sentence to remain compatible with the article of the European Convention on Human Rights prohibiting inhuman and degrading treatment, there had to be the possibility of release and a possibility of review."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/foreign-criminals-successfully-appealing-against-deportation-using-article-8-of-echr

Of the 1,418 cases where the foreign criminals effectively avoided deportation relying Article 8, three were convicted for attempted murder, five for attempted rape, two for murder, nineteen for rape, three for death caused by dangerous driving and five for manslaughter.

The Court also ruled that prisoners in Britain should have the right to vote. Feel free to list other beneficiaries.

Whether we like it or not, the democratic will of Scotland was to remain in the UK. The scrapping of the Human Rights Act was in the Conservative manifesto (page 73) so it has an electoral mandate for its actions.

The HRA dispute will not trigger IndyRef2. The most likely trigger is if the UK votes to leave the EU in 2017 and Scotland votes to stay in. That could lead to a constitutional crisis that leads to a second referendum.

I'm all up for a battle of wits but I won't hit an unarmed man.

Just accept that the human rights issues are devolved, repealing HRA doesn't have the consent of Holyrood and leave your own prejudices / politics out of it. This clearly represents exactly the same constitutional crisis Westminster choosing to leave the EU creates.

but like i said, the eu ref was also in the conservative manifesto. we voted to stay in the uk. we didnt say we'll stay so long as the uk votes to stays in europe , we just said we'l stay

I agree with you but Sturgeon thinks differently.

Her CNBC interview in July - "If the U.K. makes the decision to leave the EU and Scotland takes a different view, then inevitably I think people will think perhaps it's time to be independent so that we can preserve our membership in the EU, because [that] is very important economically..."

"I'll be arguing for the U.K. to stay, but if we end up in the position where Scotland is being effectively taken out of the EU against its will, then I think inevitably people in Scotland will want to relook at the question of independence"

If that's not a possible trigger for a second referendum, what is?

. The scrapping of the Human Rights Act was in the Conservative manifesto (page 73) so it has an electoral mandate for its actions.

The Tories have a mandate for fcuk all, they only got the votes of 24.3% of the electorate.

The Tories have a mandate for fcuk all, they only got the votes of 24.3% of the electorate.

That's about as invalid as saying the Yes campaign only received votes from 30% of the electorate during the independence referendum. You cannot assume people who didn't vote would/wouldn't vote a certain way.

If Scotland voted to leave the EU and the rest of the UK voted to stay I'd burst my sides laughing at Wee Nickies coupon.

And I'd burst my sides laughing if David Cameron rage-fucked a pig, dressed up like the Queen, right in the middle of the house of commons. But neither are going to happen, are they?

That's about as invalid as saying the Yes campaign only received votes from 30% of the electorate during the independence referendum. You cannot assume people who didn't vote would/wouldn't vote a certain way.

True but they still only received 37% if the votes that actually were cast. Only in a hugely broken system would this ever be considered a "mandate".

True but they still only received 37% if the votes that actually were cast. Only in a hugely broken system would this ever be considered a "mandate".

TBF, the Tories would have received less than that. Had it not been for tactical voting.

aye awrite then mate, enough no voters have changed their minds already , theyre so upset about the vow and theres no way the no campaign will rip yes a new arsehole for not respecting the result, or about the plumeting oil price, f**k it its thursday tomorow just hold it then, or would next week be better?

I can see you're not the sharpest, so I'll leave you alone with your thoughts.

A confidant is quoted as saying: “­Funnily enough, I think it was less ‘we’re going to have to move out’ [of Downing Street] than the fact that, for the rest of his life, he’d be the Prime Minister who lost the United Kingdom. He was saying: ‘I’ll be remembered for this till the day I die.’”

Right up until.....

I wonder how she feels about him fucking dead pigs.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope the YES campaign/Indy Parties are working on a solid concrete economy/currency argument in the background.

I bloody well hope so. You raise an interesting point, though - what (if anything) are the SNP (since the "Yes" campaign only exists now as a grassroots collective) doing behind-the-scenes in terms of issues like a possible Scottish central bank?

Archived