IndyRef2

Crùbag

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's pish about it?

He speaks about unionists being bitter about the referendum and his point about unionists telling the SNP to concentrate on the bread and butter issues and how it really means you lost get over it etc.

I disagree with these comments.

I would say unionists get angry/frustrated when you get continued mentions of another vote so soon after sept 14 but not bitter.

He speaks about unionists being bitter about the referendum and his point about unionists telling the SNP to concentrate on the bread and butter issues and how it really means you lost get over it etc.

I would say unionists get angry/frustrated when you get continued mentions of another vote so soon after sept 14 but not bitter.

I presume you've read even some of your own cohort's comments on this forum? Bitter more than covers it. It's not frustration, it's bitterness about the world they lost, that things won't just reset to the way they were pre-referendum.

Which side do you think mentions a second referendum more, Unionists or those nasty nats?

Scottish Independence poll in the event of the UK voting to leave the EU: Yes (pro-Indy): 45% No (pro-UK): 42% (via Panelbase)

i thought this would be worse , so even if scotland is pulled out of the EU with the UK they would still only be ahead by 3% , and when projectfear gets started that would be swayed

and scotland voting to stay is something 63% vs 37% which i expected to be worse

If there was a crushing No vote and unionists were convinced that independence wasn't going to happen any time soon, they wouldn't get so angry/frustrated/bitter. That's the point Kev.

Scottish Independence poll in the event of the UK voting to leave the EU: Yes (pro-Indy): 45% No (pro-UK): 42% (via Panelbase)

i thought this would be worse , so even if scotland is pulled out of the EU with the UK they would still only be ahead by 3% , and when projectfear gets started that would be swayed

and scotland voting to stay is something 63% vs 37% which i expected to be worse

Project Fear will offer diminishing returns. Especially when there's not such a big group of cowed old folk to target. There's probably a decent overlap between EU-secessionists and UK-regionalists. I've never suspected a vote to leave the EU would be a silver bullet for independence. It'll just be another nail in the coffin of unionism.

I wonder how Project Fear II would work in terms of using pensions as a threat (with pensions apparently being ravaged by the current UK government), and in terms of the supposed safety and security of oil jobs (with oil jobs currently being lost across the board thanks to the UK government's poor stewardship of the resource and the global slump).

Any way you slice it, Project Fear's specious claims about a vote for the UK being a vote for security and safety will look a bit laughable if they try and wheel them out again.

I wonder how Project Fear II would work in terms of using pensions as a threat (with pensions apparently being ravaged by the current UK government), and in terms of the supposed safety and security of oil jobs (with oil jobs currently being lost across the board thanks to the UK government's poor stewardship of the resource and the global slump).

Any way you slice it, Project Fear's specious claims about a vote for the UK being a vote for security and safety will look a bit laughable if they try and wheel them out again.

they can use OIL now

Project Fear will offer diminishing returns. Especially when there's not such a big group of cowed old folk to target. There's probably a decent overlap between EU-secessionists and UK-regionalists. I've never suspected a vote to leave the EU would be a silver bullet for independence. It'll just be another nail in the coffin of unionism.

i did scotland has not really had a debate about Europe and believe they get so much from it

That's a bit like being lectured to on good business practice by an habitual bankrupt, who insists he should control your investments.

im in a view if scotland want to leave so badly let them but if SNP messes things up they would not be welcome back

im in a view if scotland want to leave so badly let them but if SNP messes things up they would not be welcome back

You may have a point. The SNP may not do as good a job of running Scotland as Westminster currently are.

Deep uncertainty.

You mean like how when the Tories messed up the UK in the 90s, the UK asked to be dissolved as a nation state and absorbed into France? Or how when Ireland got sick of Fianna Fáil in 1948 it asked to be reabsorbed back into the UK?

Oh wait - that didn't happen - when the elecorate think one party has messed up, they kick them out and vote in another. So you can rest easy, Scotland would not become the first nation on earth to beg to be readmitted to the failing, incompetent, debt-ridden UK.

Is English your first language?

no but i cant be bothered to use grammar

You mean like how when the Tories messed up the UK in the 90s, the UK asked to be dissolved as a nation state and absorbed into France? Or how when Ireland got sick of Fianna Fáil in 1948 it asked to be reabsorbed back into the UK?

Oh wait - that didn't happen - when the elecorate think one party has messed up, they kick them out and vote in another. So you can rest easy, Scotland would not become the first nation on earth to beg to be readmitted to the failing, incompetent, debt-ridden UK.

Scotland obviously had nothing to do with the debt and if you leave your going to be taking some with you. Remind me who voted labour and made the UK debt rise.

no but i cant be bothered to use grammar

Scotland obviously had nothing to do with the debt and if you leave your going to be taking some with you. Remind me who voted labour and made the UK debt rise.

The UK. A good Tory like you should know that.

Must admit I'm a great fan of Salmond. In my opinion a brilliant politician of our time and if it wasn't for a bitter and hostile Unionist media he would get the recognition he deserves.

But I realise he's not everyone's cup of tea even amongst Yes voters. Maybe it's a case of you either like him or loath him. But that doesn't take away the man ability as a politician.

That being said, I wonder what would have happened had Sturgeon been the leader during indyref1? Could we have increased our vote or even won it?

Sturgeon is well liked even amongst non-SNP voters. She is winning the women vote, which will be vital for indyref2.

She has the charisma and is mobbed by supporters wherever she goes that can only auger well for a future independence vote .

Archived