Alloa v Falkirk, 19/09/2015

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pure jealousy, that's all it is.

Judging by the way our fine hymenopteran gladiators glide about its surface, Mike should sell it on to the Beeb for one of those Strictly Ballroom type shows.

Half decent game on Saturday and it was plain to see why Falkirk are unbeaten, lots of possession and having us chase shadows for the majority of the game, but really lacking a cutting edge up front.

Interesting to read the press over the weekend how, when Falkirk were awarded the penalty, stone-waller, was in line with the tackle, they took a deserved lead. Why was this? For all the nice football Falkirk played,, at times, they reverted too often, IMHO, to 3rd division high balls.

Still don’t think Falkirk would have scored from open play if we were still playing this morning, and Baird (the wee knob) looked like he had won the lottery when he tucked away the penalty. Perhaps a reflection on how bad in front of goal Falkirk were on the day?

We did tire in the second half, but we are a part time club, and, as previously said, chased shadows for most of the day. Thought we were a bit unfortunate in the first half not to snatch a goal against the run of play, the shot coming off the cross bar never crossed the line, and Falkirk’s keeper making a couple of decent save too in the first half.

Thought we would crumble after Marr got sent off, seen worse tackles get yellow carded, and can’t understand how one of the Falkirk guys in the first half took out an Alloa player in what looked like a decent build up and never even got spoken to by the ref. Quite a few Oscar nominee’s from the Falkirk players as the game went on as they seemed inefficient at getting past the rear guard.

Also nice to see the Sevco book of excuses coming out about the state of the pitch. It’s coming up to 8 years old, we sacked the grounds-man and sold the lawn mower, so what do you really expect?

And having to spend £16 to stand behind someone 6ft 3 in must be bad. Had to pay £18 at the Meccano stadium with a guy so old on the turnstiles, we got in just in time to see next week’s game! OK, missed the first 20 minutes.

At the end of the day, possession alone doesn’t win games, and credit for us digging in and taking a point from Falkirk. Ha fucking ha!

These pitches are supposed to be relaid every 5 years, so its no surprise its so poor. I'dve thougt the league would test them every close season though. Still no excuse for us getting beat.

These pitches are supposed to be relaid every 5 years, so its no surprise its so poor. I'dve thougt the league would test them every close season though. Still no excuse for us getting beat.

You enjoy moaning so much you're actually making up results so you can do it.

We didn't get beat.

UEFA certified, my friend. Michel Platini himself considered it fit for glorious passing football, and it doesn't get much better than that, short of bringing Pele in to say Brazil would've reached double figures in 1970 if the World Cup Final had been played at the Recs.

Which they absolutely would, BTW.

It is tested every season has been passed fit to play..

How many people enjoy going to Grangemouth to watch Falkirk play?

Dont think you will get anyone saying otherwise. other than you can see the full pitch....in principal is a factor of going to watch something....

I think only one guy cited our beautiful, beautiful pitch as a problem TBF.

God, I love that surface. When it gets relaid next summer, it'll be like seeing Alec Guinness get chibbed by Dark Helmet :bairn

desperately required, any idea what they are laying down this time ?

Dont say astro turf.....just there is a fair amount of choice now, to what there wouldve had been when it was originally laid

8-10 yr is on the time thats recommended for ours and many of the new ones

desperately required, any idea what they are laying down this time ?

Dont say astro turf.....just there is a fair amount of choice now, to what there wouldve had been when it was originally laid

Nope, to the first part, and I'm pretty certain that astroturf has been banned for professional football in the UK since the Nineties.

I've got the feeling that the complaints will continue whatever Mike lays down whenever full-timer fail to give us a good hiding. Didn't hear a peep out of the Gers recently, for example.

8-10 yr is on the time thats recommended for ours and many of the new ones

Perfect timing; ours will be eight years old next summer.

It'll be hilarious to bitch about everyone else's shitey old pitches next season. Only we won't, as that would be shitehawk behaviour.

Bejizz can't moan about Houston every game now so he's found something else to troll about.

To suggest that the league should be ordered by bank balance or facilities is absolutely everything wrong with the modern game.

You are having a laugh right?

I could moan till the cows came home, however I chose not to for the time being.

It will be 9 years next summer, it went down in the summer of 2007.

The surface will obviously be replaced soon but as pencils has already pointed out, the pitch passed it's annual inspection in the summer. I noticed Ryan McCord saying after he signed for Raith that the pitch at the Recs is nowhere near as bad as some people suggest. The truth is that there was hardly a bad word said about it until Rangers struggled on it last season and McCoist used the pitch as an excuse. The likes of the Record then talked about the surface as the reason for Rangers having a hard time and suddenly every home game almost we have people raising it as an issue. An upgrade will be timely but a lot of absolute shite has been talked about the current surface, good teams and good footballers have no problems on it.

So if I want to get close to where Falkirk are attacking I should just put up with seeing half the cinema screen?

Could you explain to us what procedures a big progressive club like Falkirk have put in place to enable away fans to "get close to where their team are attacking"? I am certain there must be something in place as you were belittling Alloa earlier and it would be the actions of an utter hypocrite to do so without drawing attention to their own club's similar failings. I am just not sure what they are so would be terribly grateful if you could clarify?

Could you explain to us what procedures a big progressive club like Falkirk have put in place to enable away fans to "get close to where their team are attacking"? I am certain there must be something in place as you were belittling Alloa earlier and it would be the actions of an utter hypocrite to do so without drawing attention to their own club's similar failings. I am just not sure what they are so would be terribly grateful if you could clarify?

Looking forward to being able to swap stands at half time when we go to Falkirk in November.

Just occurred to me that I don't think I've ever seen a single reason given for our pitch giving us an unfair advantage, other than it being old. Any suggestions?

What are you suggesting here? Lol

Are you saying Falkirk are not a good team with good footballers?

You've got to admit, it is a great leveller

I think you have missed the point. I am making no comment about Falkirk, indeed I've seen Falkirk play good football and score good goals on the pitch. I've seen lots of teams play good football and score good goals on it. What I'm saying is that a lot of the pitch talk is down to people repeating ill informed tabloid nonsense started by a hopeless ex Rangers manager looking for an excuse to cover up his own poor performance.

Whilst I'm not defending BPM as he seems to be doing a great job of digging himself a hole I think the point that he's making is that, as Alloa provide the opportunity for away fans to swap ends, it would be good if they were offered a decent view when doing so. I admit that I wanted to go down the other end at half time but decided to stay on the terrace as I knew I'd be struggling to see at the opposite end. We don't allow fans to swap ends but we do provide a good view of the action and this of course is the same for home fans who prefer to sit in the south stand.

I don't blame Alloa though as I'm sure they'll have other things to spend their money on and building terracing obviously wouldn't be cheap.

With regard to the pitch I felt it played worse than it has previously. The bounce was very untrue and it caught a few players out at times. Probably needs replaced and I'd rather they spent their money on that than building a terracing that would seldom really be needed.

The club installed (or upgraded) the floodlights in the summer at a cost of approx. £100K (the Recs looked pretty dark on TV during evening kick-offs last season). I think the new playing surface has been put off until next summer.

As posters have rightly pointed out, Alloa give away supporters the option of not only watching the game from their own team's attacking half of the pitch during each half, but also the option to stand or sit. Neither option is available at TFS. Not having a go btw, I'll admit it's still a decent view we get there. I stand behind the Clackmannan Road end goals for the entire match when we play and get an almost similar view as it's quite high there. I've also been down at the Railway End and standing anywhere from the middle to the back gives a perfectly good view of the game too.

Whilst I'm not defending BPM as he seems to be doing a great job of digging himself a hole I think the point that he's making is that, as Alloa provide the opportunity for away fans to swap ends, it would be good if they were offered a decent view when doing so. I admit that I wanted to go down the other end at half time but decided to stay on the terrace as I knew I'd be struggling to see at the opposite end. We don't allow fans to swap ends but we do provide a good view of the action and this of course is the same for home fans who prefer to sit in the south stand.

We all know the point he is making. However that point is plain nonsense. He came on here posting about how Alloa's facilities were a disgrace especially as Mike Mulraney is on the League Management Committee.

Of course he has since backed up and admitted there was plenty of room for an unobstructed view at the ground and that he indeed had one first half. He only had an issue when he chose to swap ends and leave a perfectly serviceable view. A choice Alloa didnt have to give him and very few clubs at this level do.

In fact I think I would be right in saying that of the 10 clubs in this division none of the other 9 offer an option for away fans to have a full two sides of the ground and move freely between those areas. Rangers, Hibs, Falkirk, Raith (usually), St Mirren (I think) only offer behind the goal to away fans. QoS (usually), Dumbarton and Livingston offer away fans a side on view of the pitch albeit limited to one half of it. Morton do let away fans move between behind the goal and halfway up the side provided there are enough of them. Basically Alloa offer away fans an option nobody else does. Nobody forces them to take it. And criticising them for the quality of an option nobody else offers at all just makes him look silly in the circumstances.

If the crowd had been so big he was forced to stand where he did then he may have had a point. It wasnt and he therefore doesnt.

Archived