Alloa v Falkirk, 19/09/2015

Guest Back Post Misses

We all know the point he is making. However that point is plain nonsense. He came on here posting about how Alloa's facilities were a disgrace especially as Mike Mulraney is on the League Management Committee.

Of course he has since backed up and admitted there was plenty of room for an unobstructed view at the ground and that he indeed had one first half. He only had an issue when he chose to swap ends and leave a perfectly serviceable view. A choice Alloa didnt have to give him and very few clubs at this level do.

In fact I think I would be right in saying that of the 10 clubs in this division none of the other 9 offer an option for away fans to have a full two sides of the ground and move freely between those areas. Rangers, Hibs, Falkirk, Raith (usually), St Mirren (I think) only offer behind the goal to away fans. QoS (usually), Dumbarton and Livingston offer away fans a side on view of the pitch albeit limited to one half of it. Morton do let away fans move between behind the goal and halfway up the side provided there are enough of them. Basically Alloa offer away fans an option nobody else does. Nobody forces them to take it. And criticising them for the quality of an option nobody else offers at all just makes him look silly in the circumstances.

If the crowd had been so big he was forced to stand where he did then he may have had a point. It wasnt and he therefore doesnt.

Utter garbage. Of course my point is valid. If you are making an area of the ground available to view you should be able to do that. Note the disabled guy in this photo. Hardly well catered for. Also note the view this guy has above his roll and piepost-17582-14429027995241_thumb.jpg

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

Could you explain to us what procedures a big progressive club like Falkirk have put in place to enable away fans to "get close to where their team are attacking"? I am certain there must be something in place as you were belittling Alloa earlier and it would be the actions of an utter hypocrite to do so without drawing attention to their own club's similar failings. I am just not sure what they are so would be terribly grateful if you could clarify?

What the f**k have TFS got to do with the dump that is Recreation Park. I have sat in the North Stand at Falkirk many times when it was for home fans and the view is as good as any in our division. Falkirk provide excellent facilities and playing surface for away fans and teams. Alloa don't.

Guest Back Post Misses

The club installed (or upgraded) the floodlights in the summer at a cost of approx. £100K (the Recs looked pretty dark on TV during evening kick-offs last season). I think the new playing surface has been put off until next summer.

As posters have rightly pointed out, Alloa give away supporters the option of not only watching the game from their own team's attacking half of the pitch during each half, but also the option to stand or sit. Neither option is available at TFS. Not having a go btw, I'll admit it's still a decent view we get there. I stand behind the Clackmannan Road end goals for the entire match when we play and get an almost similar view as it's quite high there. I've also been down at the Railway End and standing anywhere from the middle to the back gives a perfectly good view of the game too.

Aye and they obstruct the view as well

Guest Back Post Misses

Whilst I'm not defending BPM as he seems to be doing a great job of digging himself a hole I think the point that he's making is that, as Alloa provide the opportunity for away fans to swap ends, it would be good if they were offered a decent view when doing so. I admit that I wanted to go down the other end at half time but decided to stay on the terrace as I knew I'd be struggling to see at the opposite end. We don't allow fans to swap ends but we do provide a good view of the action and this of course is the same for home fans who prefer to sit in the south stand.

I don't blame Alloa though as I'm sure they'll have other things to spend their money on and building terracing obviously wouldn't be cheap.

With regard to the pitch I felt it played worse than it has previously. The bounce was very untrue and it caught a few players out at times. Probably needs replaced and I'd rather they spent their money on that than building a terracing that would seldom really be needed.

All I pointed out was the view from the top end of the ground is no use unless you are on the fence. Kids and wheelchair guys rightly get those spots in the main. On Saturday it was about three or four deep at that end in the second half. If you are going to make that area available to so many ensure they are able to see. What is wrong with wanting a better standard? You would think I had called for us to invade Syria the reaction of some fans.

Guest Back Post Misses

^^^ at it, surely.

You've made your feelings known. Naebdy agrees with you. Don't come back. Problem solved.

I won't need to next season as you will be in the seaside leagues where you belong

I won't need to next season as you will be in the seaside leagues where you belong

You could have started with that pish and saved us all from taking you in any way seriously.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1442902773.845532.jpg

I've always found it a bit bizarre that folk go out of their way to eat stuff at a football match - it's not as if games are played during a 'traditional' eating time and generally the food's shite and overpriced - I dare say the owner of that pie had his lunch and would be having a meal when he gets home as well.

Of course if you do find yourself hankering for a greasy snack at Alloa you can do so during the game and without missing any of the action - which is better than most grounds I suppose - so a thumbs up from the fatties.

I'm sure TFS is lovely. Fair play to the Falkirk fans if they like it. Wouldn't trade the Recs for any other ground in Scotland, however, and I'm sure fans of most sides feel the same way about their grounds.

Touch wood it'll never happen, but if Falkirk were to go under and end up back playing on public parks, it's easy to see which poster will lose interest in supporting them at that point.

Utter garbage. Of course my point is valid. If you are making an area of the ground available to view you should be able to do that. Note the disabled guy in this photo. Hardly well catered for. Also note the view this guy has above his roll and pieattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1442902773.845532.jpg

It is available to view. It's not designed to be viewed from several deep. If you chose to do that anyway despite a perfectly acceptable view being available to you elsewhere then that is your own look out. It's really not rocket science,

There may well be insufficient wheelchair spaces at Alloa for away fans. I've no idea. You may have a point about that. Fire on about that if you wish. It's not where you started though, it's what you've backtracked into since just about everyone, including other Falkirk fans, has pointed out you're talking nonsense.

What the f**k have TFS got to do with the dump that is Recreation Park. I have sat in the North Stand at Falkirk many times when it was for home fans and the view is as good as any in our division. Falkirk provide excellent facilities and playing surface for away fans and teams. Alloa don't.

We're not talking about the playing surface. In 4 or 5 years time when Alloa have renewed their surface and Falkirk haven't they'll have a better surface than you (and us). So what?

You are moaning about not having a perfect view when you moved around to the other end of the ground to watch the second half. Something you wouldn't be able to do at Falkirk at all (or pretty much anywhere else in this division). Ergo you are moaning over nothing. For what it's worth I hate watching football from behind the goal. There's no real perspective of what's happening at the other end. That's true at Falkirk as well as it is at Alloa and elsewhere though. If you want to criticise one club for it then criticise all of them. At least Alloa do offer a better alternative for those able to stand in the front row.

As far I know disabled away fans have the choice of using the elevated disabled spot under the main stand or going into the away end. It's nice to know that Falkirk fans have upgraded from crowd wanks to stadium wanks. Maybe he's still bitter about the shitey view he got at Hampden when they got pumped in the cup final. Did he bitch as much as this at Brockville and during the ground share with Stenny?

Guest Back Post Misses

I've always found it a bit bizarre that folk go out of their way to eat stuff at a football match - it's not as if games are played during a 'traditional' eating time and generally the food's shite and overpriced - I dare say the owner of that pie had his lunch and would be having a meal when he gets home as well.

Of course if you do find yourself hankering for a greasy snack at Alloa you can do so during the game and without missing any of the action - which is better than most grounds I suppose - so a thumbs up from the fatties.

I would guess it is beer induced munches from the lad?

Guest Back Post Misses

It is available to view. It's not designed to be viewed from several deep. If you chose to do that anyway despite a perfectly acceptable view being available to you elsewhere then that is your own look out. It's really not rocket science,

There may well be insufficient wheelchair spaces at Alloa for away fans. I've no idea. You may have a point about that. Fire on about that if you wish. It's not where you started though, it's what you've backtracked into since just about everyone, including other Falkirk fans, has pointed out you're talking nonsense.

We're not talking about the playing surface. In 4 or 5 years time when Alloa have renewed their surface and Falkirk haven't they'll have a better surface than you (and us). So what?

You are moaning about not having a perfect view when you moved around to the other end of the ground to watch the second half. Something you wouldn't be able to do at Falkirk at all (or pretty much anywhere else in this division). Ergo you are moaning over nothing. For what it's worth I hate watching football from behind the goal. There's no real perspective of what's happening at the other end. That's true at Falkirk as well as it is at Alloa and elsewhere though. If you want to criticise one club for it then criticise all of them. At least Alloa do offer a better alternative for those able to stand in the front row.

I am not moaning. I am stating FACT that you don't even have a view far less a perfect one.

Guest Back Post Misses

I'm not sure he is.

I think he is just particularly dense.

IMO in any case, the Indodrill is a better place to watch football than TFS.

In terms of view is ceratinly isn't. Both grounds are about as atmospheric as a library.

Guest Back Post Misses

I am not talking nonsence at all. That part of the ground is not capable of housing the amount of people who were there in terms of providing a proper view. I am not backtracking at all merely highlighting another problem that i mentioned in an earlier post anyway. Either stop people going into it or improve the view. What is nonsense about that? Oh and if the decide to limit the access to less people then they will have to provide more toilets as it is the only toilets in the away section.

It seems some people are happy with substandard facilities.

I guess QOS fans would not have to experience this as the Coconut Shy would more than easily hold your travelling support. That is not a dig merely a geographic issue.

Guest Back Post Misses

I'm sure TFS is lovely. Fair play to the Falkirk fans if they like it. Wouldn't trade the Recs for any other ground in Scotland, however, and I'm sure fans of most sides feel the same way about their grounds.

Touch wood it'll never happen, but if Falkirk were to go under and end up back playing on public parks, it's easy to see which poster will lose interest in supporting them at that point.

Holy Christ,

Why would I stop going?

Archived