Alloa v Falkirk, 19/09/2015

:lol: You just missed me, you bugger!

Eek, my apologies. I was aiming for the girl.

Don't take it personally; Ben Gordon hit me with the ball three times during one game last season. I'm thinking there were players on the field who he didn't kick it to that often :P

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone mentioned earlier, I don't know why Falkirk didn't just go for the jugular after the sending off and the penalty. You always get the feeling that a team will get a chance before the end of a game even if they've been playing a man down for a while (Meggatt against Forfar a prime example) but when we went behind against Morton we never looked like scoring and that was with eleven men. Same could be said about today and bringing Chopra on didn't change the game much as he's not mobile enough and Falkirk dealt with him easily enough but they seemed comfortable just seeing the game out 1-0 with loads of possession. When Eddie came on I still didn't think we'd get anything from the game but he is definitely the type of player who could make something happen and thankfully his perseverance paid off when the square ball across defence was under-hit and he went through on goal. Unfortunately his shot was tipped over and 'the chance' I felt was gone, but I'm glad Rogers had other ideas! About time something actually went for us anyway and we got a break.

A good point to sneak, especially with Livingston now three points behind us going into next week's fixture with them. Losing Marr for that is a huge blow, but the sending off was deserved and he lost possession in defence just a few minutes before that incident and we were lucky not to concede from it. Perhaps a Hill/Reintam combination in central defence next Saturday.

Falkirk looked pretty solid throughout their entire defence and midfield and it's not surprising to see why they are where they are just now, teams will find it hard to compete with their energy and ability to just keep going relentlessly throughout the entire match, this could be a very important point for us already. Falkirk can surely do better than Baird, I know he scored today (albeit a penalty) but he was pretty ineffectual throughout the game during general play, although biting to words from Crawford (I'll assume he doesn't know him) before and after the penalty was quite entertaining. Comes across as a player who thinks he's a lot better than he actually is. Falkirk fans must be ruing this but thankfully for Alloa the two chances which fell to Leahy fell to his right foot rather than his left, we've had experience of that left foot before!

Two big games coming up for us now and to be honest I still don't think we are anywhere near finding a settled first eleven or a cohesive unit at least. Marr's sending off obviously won't help Lennon rectify that soon. I know it didn't work this way today but I still feel we'll need to score first to take anything out of games just now.

Will enjoy tonight but already a bit wary about next week. C'mon the Wasps!

Watson has to take a fair chunk of the blame for that result today. A truly terrible pass. Without that mistake I doubt Alloa would even have touched the ball again, we were that comfortable.

Have to say I was one of the posters pleased to see us sign Rogers. Last season he appeared a very good keeper and he's clearly well thought of in the international set up. 3 mistakes from him that have led to goals already though is not promising at all. Would help if he had some genuine competition on the bench though...Dani Mallo without a club?

Were we?

However, going by his performance in the Challenge Cup since being told he's not first choice, the alternative has obviously decided to ride them for the rest of his contract.

Mind you, at least he kept a clean sheet at the Recs, when asked to.

Morton, Livingston, Paisley and today sums up how p*sh our goalkeeper is

We were going to get found out at some point

Guest Back Post Misses

How so? Nothing fancy but nothing worth bashing your gums about!?

If you are happy to stand 4 deep and try see above guys of 6 foot 3 in front of you on you go. Personally I think it is not acceptable

If you are happy to stand 4 deep and try see above guys of 6 foot 3 in front of you on you go. Personally I think it is not acceptable

Why not stand on the terracing behind the goals then?

Watsons control let him down a few times ...but it was the classic sucker punch..keeping the ball at 2-0 is fine but we had to show more urgency with only a goal cushion...I would have bet my life alloawould score ...team never even in the same postcode as your penalty box...i actually blame Baird as much as Watson ..two certain goals from cutbacks but he elected to go himself..kudos to Alloa for going for it

So the only option you had today was to stand behind 6 foot 3 guys ??

Imagine the guy behind you trying to see over the massive chip on your shoulder!!

That's a sad sign of the times. Back in Granny Danger's day, they used to lift the wee laddies down to the front.

I don't think we can blame Watson. Had we conceded when from the chance when he gave the ball away we could have. Once the Alloa player missed the chance and the ball went out for the corner the blame left Watson. Rogers must take all the blame for that today as it was a simple catch, a catch I'd expect a 5 year old to make with comfort. Should have buried the, with the chances we had but didn't and that pitch was a disgrace. Ball couldn't move or bounce properly all afternoon.

I don't think we can blame Watson. Had we conceded when from the chance when he gave the ball away we could have. Once the Alloa player missed the chance and the ball went out for the corner the blame left Watson. Rogers must take all the blame for that today as it was a simple catch, a catch I'd expect a 5 year old to make with comfort. Should have buried the, with the chances we had but didn't and that pitch was a disgrace. Ball couldn't move or bounce properly all afternoon.

No blame at all for the defenders who shat out of challenges to clear it?

What? It was watsons bad pass that lead to the shot ...then from the free kick its was watsons poor clearance that led to the goal....alright Rogers made a James hunt of it but Watson was culpable all day long

Rogers denied us a point at Dumbarton last season with an incredible late save so we'll take that wee gift today.

The first half was very good from Alloa, breaking at speed and playing some nice football. We dropped out of it entirely after the break and were completely overrun in midfield. Fortunate that Falkirk didn't do too much with a lot of possession and that when they did make a chance their finishing was poor. Thought we were coping with it ok at the back until Marr's error. I couldn't see where an equaliser was going to come from but thankfully Falkirk handed out a wee gift of their own.

You can see this Alloa team is a work in progress and there are a few things to be addressed. There is a nice wee nucleus though and a bit of hope for the months ahead. Huge game next week.

Haw, Wasps1 - could you turn the volume up next week please? I think I still have a little hearing left after today and the wife's giving me grief. Thanks!

Thought Craig Sibbald put in a decent shift today his best this season.

Our shooting was abysmal today, how many shots ended out of the park today? Vaulks (2), Baird, Miller, Leahy.

Huge question mark over the keeper, how can any defence have confidence when you look at the howlers at Livingston, St Mirren and today?

The trouble is we have no real competition in that area and that is a worry.

Two poor points dropped today, can't believe we threw that lead away. One up away from home, minute to go, not needing to chase the game and... So disappointing!

Archived