Alloa v Falkirk, 19/09/2015

What an utterly horrendous error from Rogers. Two point literally chucked away. Grant comically giving the ball away and us failing to clear the resultant corner should be taken in to consideration as well imo. Only Falkirk would manage to f**k that up so spectacularly

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two stupid mistakes led to two goals. Rodgers made a total arse of his attempt to save Hamilton's shot although he had two very good saves in the first half to keep the score level.

I'm delighted to get away with a point after a very poor second half, and being down to ten men. In the first half Duffy and Crawford were able to cause Falkirk problems with their pace but when they tired in the second we lacked any kind of goal threat.

The folk around me were going apoplectic before Alloa scored ... they'll be in full blown melt-down mode by now.

Obviously had the chances to win it, should've won it really - surprised by how far Alloa were out of the game that second half cause they had a bit about them during the first - thought they'd scored tbh with the one that hit the bar.

Still unbeaten - onwards and downwards.

Guest Back Post Misses

Rogers is brutal. Zero confidence in him at all. That was such an easy catch, even if he had palmed it out and defender cleared it. One of the worst mistakes I've seen from a Falkirk keeper.

He did make 3 saves first half to keep us in it but his mistake was unforgivable.

We should have buried that lot though when we went on front. Why not just go for the jugular?

Alloa defended very deep and most of the time had 8 or 9 players in their box. If they don't go down I will be surprised.

Finally for a Club whose Chairman is on the SPFL board the facilities for away fans are disgraceful.

I thought Rodgers was absolutely average every time I saw him last season. Really poor with cross balls and not that strong a shot-stopper. Was baffled Falkirk fans were happy with the signing.

Were we?

However, going by his performance in the Challenge Cup since being told he's not first choice, the alternative has obviously decided to ride them for the rest of his contract.

Mind you, at least he kept a clean sheet at the Recs, when asked to.

Happy to sneak a point! As dink has already said 2 errors lead to both goals. Baird thought he had scored in a European cup final the way he celebrated scoring that penalty.

Ned's got the facilities covered, I see; good man.

Much better than the Morton game today, but the number of misplaced passes was astonishing, including a lot of very dangerous play around the penalty area that would have been punished harshly by a side like (this season's) Rangers. Duffy alone up front worked really well in the first half, but we fell apart for a long time in the second. Despite everything, neither team were going to score without help. Thought Crawford was easily our MotM today. No danger of McNeil getting back in the side if he keeps these performances up.

A big thank you to all the generous Alloa and Falkirk fans, players and officials who donated to the British Heart Foundation today - we made an approximate total of £343 from you all! May you never need our services! :thumsup2

Dave the highlight of the game for me was seeing you kick the ball back on to park, some shot!

Pinpoint accuracy, my friend. I absolutely meant it to clear that poor lassie's heid by less than a foot :ph34r:

Pinpoint accuracy, my friend. I absolutely meant it to clear that poor lassie's heid by less than a foot :ph34r:

Knocking it into the pie stall then about smashing it into the lassie gave me a wee laugh.

I never touched it until it came out of the pie stall, and it never touched the girl!

Also, I haven't received any messages, and Captain Blackadder definitely did not shoot this delicious plump-breasted pigeon :ph34r:

I never touched it until it came out of the pie stall, and it never touched the girl!

Also, I haven't received any messages, and Captain Blackadder definitely did not shoot this delicious plump-breasted pigeon :ph34r:

:lol: You just missed me, you bugger!

A real steal of a point against a Falkirk side which completely dominated the second half. I thought they were really solid, kept it simple and direct. They'll finish top four this season. Lee Miller has given them an added dimension and was a real handful. They don't play with a lot of flair, but they have good solid performers throughout the team.

First half was even enough as we competed well and the pace of Duffy, with good support from the midfield five, caused Falkirk a number of problems. Second half they upped the pace with which they played and we creaked a number of times. It's to the players' credit that they never really buckled despite the pressure. Jason Marr was unlucky to get caught behind Miller for the penalty and red card. Otherwise I thought he was excellent.

It was good to see Danny Lennon go for it and play two up front late on even when we were down to ten men.

A very good point and we will go into next week's home game with Livi knowing that if we can win we will go six points clear of them.

Archived