Murder-well vs Partick Thistle Nil

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it bad that part of me hopes we'll lose heavily so we can get the change we need?

Except that won't happen. The management and team selection will remain the same for a good while longer regardless of results.

I'm still scarred by a game in the mid 90's when we were 2-0 up and cruising and you came back to win 3-2 late on. To make matters worse, I was the victim of a patronising Thistle supporter on the train home...

Colin McGlasghan outjumping Sieb Dykstra sticks in the memory- think it was one of the first games after the current away stand opened as I remember being behind the other goal for our first game there that season - we won either 2-0 or 2-1.

Colin McGlasghan outjumping Sieb Dykstra sticks in the memory- think it was one of the first games after the current away stand opened as I remember being behind the other goal for our first game there that season - we won either 2-0 or 2-1.

I saw a very young version of myself on those highlights :) Also - the size of that Thistle support for a run of the mill game....

It's changed days indeed. In the early to mid-90's teams like Thistle, Motherwell, Killie, St Mirren etc would all take massive away supports to each other's grounds, even for run of the mill games.

If anyone takes 1000 to a ground 20 mins along the motorway, it's seen as a big deal now.

I reckon 1-0 either way in an awful 90 minutes that would get football stopped between two rank rotten sides. I've not seen much of Thistle but we are devoid of creativity, any sort of ability to press the game, have currently no midfield worthy of the name, bar Lasley who is past it and Pearson who is injured long term, and a defence that chucks in a daft, preventable goal at least once a week.

The relegation struggle this year will be between ourselves, Thistle and Kilmarnock, the three worst sides in the league by a mile.

Is it bad that part of me hopes we'll lose heavily so we can get the change we need?

Except that won't happen. The management and team selection will remain the same for a good while longer regardless of results.

Funnily enough, Motherwell fans have been having similar conversations this week!

Going back to the 3-2 game in 1993, is my mind playing tricks or were there Motherwell fans in the South Stand also that day?

Granted I was only 6 years old at the time, but i'm convinced I was sitting the top tier of the South that day.

Going back to the 3-2 game in 1993, is my mind playing tricks or were there Motherwell fans in the South Stand also that day?

Granted I was only 6 years old at the time, but i'm convinced I was sitting the top tier of the South that day.

I think you're thinking of a match in 1995 which we also lost 2-1 to Thistle at Fir Park. The South Stand was split between home fans in the top tier and away fans down the bottom. I'm sure Alex Burns scored for us that day.

This is the game I'm talking about.

Archived