Murder-well vs Partick Thistle Nil

"we're shite"

"we're worse"

"you'll win"

"no, you'll definitely win"

"Dougie Imrie is an arsehole"

"agreed"

Don't think either set of fans will be massively looking forward to this, but it's a good opportunity for both teams facing an opponent with similar lack of confidence.

That aside, I've always wanted to start a thread with a dreadfully shite title. I'm satisfied now.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I now think Baraclough's on borrowed time with us I'm actually reasonably confident about this one. It's the games after this that worry me more. Though I suppose a lot depends on how things go in the cup vs Morton during the week.

If we can stick to roughly the same XI and shape as we started with on Saturday (minus Taylor) I could see us doing OK.

2-1 us. Robinson and Ainsworth for us. With a comedy goal gifted to Thistle.

Im not sure what to put into the slow cooker for me getting back at 5pm. Thinking about beef stew and dumplings with some guiness through it.

That's about the only thing Im looking forward to on Saturday tbh. :(

Giving this one a miss to be in the away end with Sunderland at Old Trafford. Replacing a team with zero wins and 2 goals all season for a team with zero wins and 6 goals all season, cannae wait.

It'd be nice if when the teams are announced on Saturday that Muirhead is starting and Seaborne has been euthanised.

One of the favourite 'Well supporting cliches is that when a team has gone x number of games without a goal/point/win, then we happily oblige - but I'm not sure how true it is even if I can remember plenty of examples (I'm sure when Aberdeen beat us 6-5 at Fir Park that time, they hadn't scored a goal all season or something like that).

I think our record against Thistle at Fir Park since they came back up is pretty good (have Thistle taken anything from those games?) - but as we can't seem to score many, we can't be too confident of all three points here..

One of the favourite 'Well supporting cliches is that when a team has gone x number of games without a goal/point/win, then we happily oblige - but I'm not sure how true it is even if I can remember plenty of examples (I'm sure when Aberdeen beat us 6-5 at Fir Park that time, they hadn't scored a goal all season or something like that).

I think our record against Thistle at Fir Park since they came back up is pretty good (have Thistle taken anything from those games?) - but as we can't seem to score many, we can't be too confident of all three points here..

Since we came up you've won 3 and drawn one at FP, the draw being the dead rubber at the end of last season with both sides fielding a reserve team. We also haven't won in Motherwell since 1996, yet weirdly I remember in our first spell in my lifetime in the top division (92-96) we had a great record there vs Motherwell and also gubbed Albion Rovers 11-1 in a league cup tie.

Since we came up you've won 3 and drawn one at FP, the draw being the dead rubber at the end of last season with both sides fielding a reserve team. We also haven't won in Motherwell since 1996, yet weirdly I remember in our first spell in my lifetime in the top division (92-96) we had a great record there vs Motherwell and also gubbed Albion Rovers 11-1 in a league cup tie.

I'm still scarred by a game in the mid 90's when we were 2-0 up and cruising and you came back to win 3-2 late on. To make matters worse, I was the victim of a patronising Thistle supporter on the train home...

Archived