Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

4 hours ago, Lex said:

Yep that’s another bad one. Off to Dubai for him now, which starts on the 21st.
The favourite for the title there will be a certain Novax Djokovic.

Novax shaming? So athletes, with their expert medical advice, can't make their own informed choices?

My wife caught Covid after having both doses and the booster.

Novax shaming? So athletes, with their expert medical advice, can't make their own informed choices?

Not sure if serious [emoji38]

“anti-vax movement, but supported an individual's right to choose.”

Christ that’s just about become the anti-vaxers slogan.

Almost like ‘I’m not racist but’

33 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

and?  It’s a bit like saying you were in a car crash car despite wearing a seatbelt and having working airbags. 

Andy playing in Dubai after current match, followed by Djokovic. Preview of Andy's match below.

https://lastwordonsports.com/tennis/2022/02/20/andy-murray-christopher-oconnell-wild-card-superstar-rare-playing-style/

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Andy playing in Dubai after current match, followed by Djokovic. Preview of Andy's match below.

https://lastwordonsports.com/tennis/2022/02/20/andy-murray-christopher-oconnell-wild-card-superstar-rare-playing-style/

Murray wins in 3 sets 6-7, 6-3, 7-5.

Lost the first set on a tie break and saved a few break points at 4-4 in the 3rd set. 

Anyone see Zverev's little tantrum in Mexico? What a guy.

That was ridiculous and bizarre. The world number three losing the head in a random doubles tour match in Mexico? Elite single players like him are meant to be playing doubles for a bit of a laugh and practice.
It wasn’t just shouting for anyone who hasn’t seen it. He whacked the referees chair several times with his racket. He needs a long suspension from tennis for that IMO.
Murray currently playing against Sinner, doing well but lost the first set 7-5.

With the incident Zverev gets defaulted and he loses all points from the competition and that 0 will remain on his rankings for a year.  An absolute clown.

Andy did well, but ultimately left too many balls short for Sinner to hit.  He has already accepted a wild card for Miami and will be offered one for Indian Wells if he wants it.  Although he has said he won’t play the clay there will still be hard court challengers to play in that time before the grass.

The big four dominance is over.  For the first time since Feb 2004 when Roger Federer over took Andy Roddick there will be a new number one that isn’t named Federer, Nadal, Djokovic or Murray.

On 11/01/2022 at 09:01, Arabdownunder said:

They should cancel his visa midway through a match. Immigration officials storming onto the court during a third set tie-break. More entertaining than tennis.

Please share with me some information about Canada visa processing time Pakistan. I want to go there on education based. This is very important information for me.

Edited by jimmywood74