Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

33 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

The thing that amazes me is the fact if you previously had covid, you then could get an exemption?

The documentation from ATAGI was that an exemption from vaccination would be available if a COVID infection prevented you from getting vaccinated.

Tennis Australia absolutely fucked that up.

Just a shame Andy wasn’t in that quarter, it’s wide open now.  Andy will be playing on Tuesday. Possible Kyrgios Medvedev in Round 2 but I fancy Liam Broady to push him and possibly beat Kyrgios.  Raducanu got a stinking draw against Sloane Stephens.  Sloane is winning that.

14 minutes ago, Loki said:

The documentation from ATAGI was that an exemption from vaccination would be available if a COVID infection prevented you from getting vaccinated.

Tennis Australia absolutely fucked that up.

Just a shame Andy wasn’t in that quarter, it’s wide open now.  Andy will be playing on Tuesday. Possible Kyrgios Medvedev in Round 2 but I fancy Liam Broady to push him and possibly beat Kyrgios.  Raducanu got a stinking draw against Sloane Stephens.  Sloane is winning that.

Thanks for that info..

I'm about to be a tennis widower

and hell mend anyone who dares to beat her Andy..😀

Where's my earplugs?

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Not quite, on the 16th he says he took an LFT (negative) and then a PCR, the result of which came back at 8pm according to the documents - though we don't actually know for sure when Novak received the result. On the 17th he did another LFT (negative) before visiting the kids. But he was at a basketball game on the 14th with some people who tested positive, so with that in mind he should've cancelled everything whilst awaiting his PCR result.

He got himself in a right pickle though with the interview on the 18th, where there were no questions allowed about AO or vaccination etc. - he couldn't say he was medically exempt from having Covid because the next question would be when did you get it!

But that doesn't stack up to me either.  Why is he doing a PCR on the same day as a negative LF.  Then once he's done that, why isn't he checking the PCR, before he does another LF the next day.  It just reeks of odd ad-hoc behaviour?

Then once he's got a positive PCR why isn't he isolating and why is he visiting other countries?

I'd love to have seen him play, he's a tennis machine!  🎾 

But his sequence of events and behaviour just don't sit right with me.

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

1 hour ago, aDONisSheep said:

But that doesn't stack up to me either.  Why is he doing a PCR on the same day as a negative LF.  Then once he's done that, why isn't he checking the PCR, before he does another LF the next day.  It just reeks of odd ad-hoc behaviour?

Then once he's got a positive PCR why isn't he isolating and why is he visiting other countries?

He said he did the PCR test "out of an abundance of caution", who knows if that's BS.

He wasn't isolating on the 18th because he's a stupid c**t, but he was allowed out of Serbia's 14 day isolation on the 22nd because of a negative PCR test.

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

He said he did the PCR test "out of an abundance of caution", who knows if that's BS.

He wasn't isolating on the 18th because he's a stupid c**t, but he was allowed out of Serbia's 14 day isolation on the 22nd because of a negative PCR test.

But that again doesn't pass the sniff test.  How can you claim to be so 'abundantly cautious' that you take an additional, but by all intents, unnecessary test, only to erm.. not bother to check the result? 

It absolutely reeks of trying to retro-fit a story to try and excuse a set of known  circumstances and events.

Don't get me wrong, Djokovic's tale of improbable actions may be true.  But I'm more inclined to believe that the bloke with the old German ordinance stuck up his arse, simply fell on it, than the contrived nonsense that team Djokovic have come up with.

Yours, the money was just resting in my account

aDONis

P.S. I do know, that you're not part of team Djokovic, so I'm not trying to shoot the messanger

Cam Norrie walloped out on his arse in straight sets, 3-6, 0-6, 4-6 against Sebastian Korda.

Andy Murray is scheduled to be the third match on John Cain Arena, after two women's singles ties and not before 4am. Broady vs Kyrgios is up after that.1d5873469158b9f49d4f00d35a26de0e.jpg

Terrible result from Cam Norrie that, he was the 12th seed and has been humped out at the earliest door.
He’s has a lot of good results on the tour, but is yet to break through at a major, he’s never even been past the third round in one of the big ones.
He’s turning 27 this year as well, this should be his peak years.

Caught a bit of the Kokkinakis match with breakfast earlier, he won the other AO warm up tournament last week in Sydney, the German boy was absolutely hounding him.