Dundee v Ross County

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee haven't beaten us at Den's Park since January 2nd 2011 and we're unbeaten in the last 10 matches against the sides. Hard game as I think both teams are of similar quality and should be pushing for top 6 this year.

A draw or a win and we've a good chance of moving up to 3rd place as Hearts have to travel to face Celtic. We'll need to see how our squad is though, key players missing for a few weeks but hopefully the bug has gone that stopped the players from training last week. We'll get a better idea tomorrow night but our captain Davies being back for this would be a big boost, although Scotty Boyd is an able replacement.

Hopefully County kick Dundee off the Dens' park. Again.

It would be nice to go into the international break/Highland derby (Scotland's biggest derby) on the back of a win. A draw wouldn't be a disaster though.

The infamous Battle of Dens Park. Willie McStay's only contribution of note at County.

I was going to ask if it was that game. When McStay sent out the call "kick to kill" on Craig Forsyth. A broken leg and a broken nose later, the battle was over. What a day.

Poor McCormack, he was looking good until that break. Was out for over a year (I think) but managed to come back, albeit in the lower leagues.

Looking at our team that day it was pretty decent! McStay really was a brutal manager :unsure:

McGovern, Miller, Morrison, Boyd, Flynn, Vigurs, Scott, Lawson, Brittain, Gardyne, Barrowman (Subs: McCormack, Kettlewell, Craig).

Aye, McStay was a dark point in County history. That's more or less the same team that got us promoted, just replace Barrowman with McMenamin, Long way from style & panache.

Pretty much the same team that got us to the Scottish Cup Final too, just replace Flynn with Keddie.

Just... how...? How was McStay so bad???

Pretty much the same team that got us to the Scottish Cup Final too, just replace Flynn with Keddie.

Just... how...? How was McStay so bad???

In a way I guess it's quite impressive that he was so bad with a team that was actually pretty good. But only with the benefit of hindsight. At the time it was anything but impressive.

Archived