Rhodeswatch

F_T_Y

Try and debate the issue without attempting to belittle people's posts and resorting to fu responses, especially as I wasn't even responding to you anyway, the opposition was irrelevant to the point being made.

Ok. I've seen Fletcher score a hat trick against a full international team.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pointing out what you're leaving out isn't 'smart árse comments'. If you'd wrote out "I've seen Rhodes score a hat trick against Luxembourg u21" you'd have (correctly) been told, so fùck.

"smart árse†- see, you're even using an accent on the "a" ... A clear bias for France-based Fletcher...

Rhodes is basically Kris Boyd.  There's a time and a place for him, especially at home to lesser teams, but I doubt he's ever going to lead the line for us regularly.

Tend to agree with this. McCormack should be first choice.

If Jordan Rhodes was a top class striker we'd have had three points in the bag by the 60th minute tonight as opposed to being 2-2 at the 91st minute.

He just doesn't offer enough to lead the line for Scotland.

Who said he was a top class striker ffs. Fletcher and Rhodes both clearly have their own strengths and weaknesses and it comes down to a matter of opinion on who people would prefer.

Would Boro have got the 3 points if Fletcher played like??

I'd stop arguing tbh. People don't care if you've watched him every week. They've seen 30 seconds of highlights and concluded he's as good as Fletcher.

He's been at Boro a few months and you two are acting like you're experts on the guy. Fucking hell.

Not as if Scottish fans have been watching him the last 6 year or nothing..

Rhodes is basically Kris Boyd.  There's a time and a place for him, especially at home to lesser teams, but I doubt he's ever going to lead the line for us regularly.

I tend to agree with that, the point is he is being completely overlooked and getting no chance at all - and to an extent McCormack was as well before injuries forced a call up for the Prague game - yet Martin is called up every time and Fletcher starts every game regardless of form.

It completely defies belief and raises further questions over Strachan.

Fletcher scores a hat-trick for Scotland against Gibraltar - proves he's shite and shouldn't be considered as part of his goals record

Rhodes scores hat trick at youth level against a group of Luxembourg cyclists - proves he's top drawer and is used as evidence.

Sound.

Martin is in the same league as Rhodes, at a team consistently finishing higher than Rhodes' was.

I'm not sure why he's seen as such a bad choice when he's been scoring around the same amount of goals as Rhodes has, yet he's seen as some sort of saviour.

Fletcher scores a hat-trick for Scotland against Gibraltar - proves he's shite and shouldn't be considered as part of his goals record

Rhodes scores hat trick at youth level against a group of Luxembourg cyclists - proves he's top drawer and is used as evidence.

Sound.

Of course, if you had read what I wrote, that wasn't what I said.

Martin is in the same league as Rhodes, at a team consistently finishing higher than Rhodes' was.

I'm not sure why he's seen as such a bad choice when he's been scoring around the same amount of goals as Rhodes has, yet he's seen as some sort of saviour.

Have you watched Chris Martin in a Scotland shirt? I assume not if you are wondering why almost to a man, Scotland fans question his inclusion.

Plus once again, who is saying Rhodes is a saviour? people are questioning why he is constantly overlooked.

Yes, I have. He's been poor. In theory he's the ideal out of the two to play the role we use.

Do I think he's the answer? No.

Do I think Rhodes would do any better? Absolutely not.

As has been said, playing fodder - chuck Rhodes in.

When we're the fodder - Rhodes is a waste of a place tbh.

Archived