Bad stadium names

LinksParkDynamo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scarborough's ground used to be called the McCain Stadium - the first ground in Britain to change its name for sponsorship purposes IIRC. After Sunderland built their tragically-named rip-off "Stadium of Light", the McCain Stadium was known as the "Theatre of Chips" :lol:

I'd have thought our re-christened Dildodrill might merit a mention, but I guess nobody gives a toss :P

I don't think I ever knew about Stirling's Doubletree Hilton thing, but I'd have loved to see what Forthbank would have ended up being called if the Stirling Meercats had panned out. The OrlovDome?

Oh, and it's probably fair to say that Livingston aren't a franchise; it's not like the original club are still around, and nobody's wanting to open up new branches of Livingston FC anywhere. It's more of a construction project wearing the skin of the football club that it killed, a la Buffalo Bill.

Scarborough's ground used to be called the McCain Stadium - the first ground in Britain to change its name for sponsorship purposes IIRC. After Sunderland built their tragically-named rip-off "Stadium of Light", the McCain Stadium was known as the "Theatre of Chips" :lol:

I'd have thought our re-christened Dildodrill might merit a mention, but I guess nobody gives a toss :P

I don't think I ever knew about Stirling's Doubletree Hilton thing, but I'd have loved to see what Forthbank would have ended up being called if the Stirling Meercats had panned out. The OrlovDome?

Oh, and it's probably fair to say that Livingston aren't a franchise; it's not like the original club are still around, and nobody's wanting to open up new branches of Livingston FC anywhere. It's more of a construction project wearing the skin of the football club that it killed, a la Buffalo Bill.

Your stadium was the first one that came to mind.

Archived