Watches

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

How do you know if you're buying something of decent quality from Ali, do you use the same sellers or is it just pot luck?

YouTube reviewers are helpful, I search on there for a close look at a watch I like.

Ali is the same as Ebay or Amazon, a marketplace full of sellers, most are good, some bad. Always read the store's reviews/feedback about the watch etc, common sense, same as you would do with Ebay or Amazon.

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Another Ali sale buy turned up, 40mm pilot, sapphire, s/steel, screw in crown & Seiko VH31 meca-quartz movt.

£30 delivered 😲

Even the nato it came on is decent, the skeletonized handset & arrow style seconds hand sucked me in.

I like it.

20231201_102113.jpg

20231130_162708.jpg

I really fucking like that watch.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

I really fucking like that watch.

Here it is 

£36.89 48%OFF | 40mm Mystery Code Sapphire Titanium Hypoallergenic Pilot Sweep Second Luminous 50m Waterproof Fashion Quartz Watch for Men Reloj

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOFDwRe

Edit - if thinking about buying from AliExpress, download their official App (it's safe, verified by Google PlayStore etc) far easier & more secure to use than the website which is a mess.

Edited by Silverton End

13 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Here it is 

£36.89 48%OFF | 40mm Mystery Code Sapphire Titanium Hypoallergenic Pilot Sweep Second Luminous 50m Waterproof Fashion Quartz Watch for Men Reloj

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOFDwRe

Edit - if thinking about buying from AliExpress, download their official App (it's safe, verified by Google PlayStore etc) far easier & more secure to use than the website which is a mess.

Spent an hour or two looking at the stuff they have on there, some cracking looking watches amongst them. Need to have a proper look at the detail on a few of them before ordering. Will need to wait another month until the missus forgets how much I just spent on tickets for the Germany and Hungary games also…

4 hours ago, Ross. said:

Spent an hour or two looking at the stuff they have on there, some cracking looking watches amongst them. Need to have a proper look at the detail on a few of them before ordering. Will need to wait another month until the missus forgets how much I just spent on tickets for the Germany and Hungary games also…

Be careful, watches are probably more addictive than crack, the discounts will lure you in, then before you know it, you're buying two a month. My mates out of control with it, got about 47 watches 😀 some interesting pieces though, will see if he'll allow pics.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Be careful, watches are probably more addictive than crack, the discounts will lure you in, then before you know it, you're buying two a month. My mates out of control with it, got about 47 watches 😀 some interesting pieces though, will see if he'll allow pics.

Thank you.

Currently have 6, excluding the Garmin. Want to get away from wearing the AT every day, a few more relatively cheap but pretty efforts will hopefully fill that hole. Fucked if I want to be spending a few hundred francs every time I get bored with one, and some of the reproductions on there look very decent.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

You can say that again.

20231210_165746.thumb.jpg.6718dc3f1c13dab25d32c8f999acc55e.jpg

2 years ago I had 3 - and 1 was broken. I blame this thread.

I've got eleven, ten spaces in the watch box and one on the wrist, think that's about the perfect size for a collection, couldn't cope with anymore than that. Got a pre order on an Oceaneva titanium GMT arriving in March, (need a GMT in the collection) that will be twelve, just contradicted myself.

Thank you.