Watches

On 08/09/2023 at 09:31, Mallo_Madrid said:

I don't think my post came across how I meant it to. Sorry for the offence.

I've got two Tissot watches, one bought earlier this month that I'll wear for work and another I use less frequently  because I hate the thought of damaging it.

The reason I was asking about Ali express was really because I fancy adding watch or two more without spending too much that I could throw on at times. 

It wasn't a case getting a watch to try and impress anyone, I genuinely could not care. If its chines shite I'll wait a bit and buy something else

I'll save my questions for elsewhere in the future.

Get yourself a superclone.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

image.thumb.jpeg.cf0120f902817c8e4877fa4ca75b6461.jpeg

New watch time. U-Boat Dark Moon 

Unusual/original design, left hand drive as well, never seen anything like it, bit of a marmite watch, don't know if I love it or hate it, good though.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Something a little bit different, just back from a holiday in Crete, picked this up in one of the local shops there. Thought the wooden face was pretty unusual but thought it looked nice. Only €45, so not sure how long it will last, we’ll see!

IMG_2827.thumb.jpeg.66fa16c9dcc53db4217f13729b45e1fd.jpeg

I really like that.  Like you say, something a bit different.  A bit of art for your wrist.

As an aside, Rolex brought out a wooden dial Oysterquartz in the ‘80s and Tissot brought out what was apparently the first all wooden watch in the ‘90s.  Both these models are still going strong and currently for sale on Chrono24 so there’s every chance you could keep your watch running for many more years.

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2837.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That looks really good, what's the price? (if you don't mind me asking)

Cheers.

Roughly about 2k once the import tax was paid (forgot about that little surprise until I got a text from the courier!)

been a brand that’s caught my eye for last wee while, missed out on his last release which was a 10 minute window, the Kurono anniversary watches are lovely as are the 34mm ones that were released last year. 

On 12/10/2023 at 12:10, Newbornbairn said:

image.thumb.jpeg.cf0120f902817c8e4877fa4ca75b6461.jpeg

New watch time. U-Boat Dark Moon 

OK, that was a mistake. All but invisible in anything but bright light and the domed face was just asking to be scratched so sold it on (made my money back) and today bought this instead -

20231024_130402.thumb.jpg.861d8009016daa3e2c20eea326909fae.jpg

Limited edition Peanuts watch

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

OK, that was a mistake. All but invisible in anything but bright light and the domed face was just asking to be scratched so sold it on (made my money back) and today bought this instead -

Scrolled the picture and immediately thought the crystal was cracked…

5 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Much better choice, very much like that 

6 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

You should get watch face tattooed on top of your wrist tattoo, at least it'll be right twice a day.. 

John Goodman Lol GIF by Roseanne

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You should get watch face tattooed on top of your wrist tattoo, at least it'll be right twice a day.. 

John Goodman Lol GIF by Roseanne

Ed Sheeran thought about doing that, anybody see his watch collection vid with John Mayer? 'Piece Uniques' from both AP and Patek, mind blowing stuff.

Thank you.

52 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Ed Sheeran thought about doing that, anybody see his watch collection vid with John Mayer? 'Piece Uniques' from both AP and Patek, mind blowing stuff.

Thank you.

I read the article on hodinkee while at work, unreal collection! 

Also I noted at the end. he likes to give people watches so I look forward to receiving my AP from him once he reads my email, cheers Ed if you see this