Saturday 14/11

venga1

Over the 2 legs, I think the Euro qualifiers could be very close calls mostly with little in most of them. Under 2.5 goals tonight in Norway looks nailed on but 1/2 is short enough.

The friendlies also seem best left alone with Spain a bit short for my liking in another game that is unlikely to produce goals, the Dutch not to be trusted against a Welsh side that I could not back to win without Bale or Ramsey and Northern Ireland haven’t won a friendly for 7 years apparently. Maybe an under 2.5 goal treble would be the way forward in these games.

I do like France at 2/1 at Wembley but that is next Tuesday.

Will instead focus though on the Scottish lower leagues.

Dunfermline and Peterhead are both at very backable prices (Pars are the longest odds they have been for a league game since Forfar away and have won 4-0 and 5-0 on plastic pitches this season) but I will avoid.

Opting for a treble on Falkirk, Ayr and Annan at near on 9/2 at Stan James. Backing against Albion Rovers this season is questionable while Berwick have a “new” Manager in charge but think this has a chance.

Also invested in Brechin draw no bet at 7/4 at Cowdenbeath. Think the price is better than it should be. Brechin won 2-0 when the sides met a few weeks back and their on loan striker from Alloa has looked very good in his 2 games so far though it must be noted that Cowdenbeath have also picked up of late.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uruguay 3/1 away to Ecuador tonight seems big. I realise Ecuador won in Argentina last month but Uruguay are also on the back of a good result (disposing Colombia 3-0).

Ecuador have a very good record at home, their players are presumably more accustomed to playing at 9000 feet.

Argentina play Brazil at midnight tonight. They are without Aguero, Messi and Tevez up top but still have Higuain who is a decent striker, the team haven't scored in the opening 2 games. Your thinking by the law of averages they have to score soon.

Brazil have won 4 out of the last 5 against Argentina albeit in non competitive fixtures and presumably at neutral grounds because I believe Argentina are unbeaten in their last 3 home games against Brazil.

Don't know what I'm getting at really but Bet365 have given me a free £5 bet and I am swaying towards Brazil here. They don't do player to score anytime and team to win bets so I'm tempted to go for Brazil btts @ 11/2. Otherwise I'd go Neymar anytime Brazil win but Paddy Power are only offering 7/2 which is a bit stingy and I don't have a free bet with them anyway.

Think Peterborough are excellent value at even money at home to Steven Pressleys Fleetwood.

Also fancy Bosnia with Oireland misssing Long and Walters.

A wee mugs double backing against Pressley's and McMamara's new charges could be in order too :)

Archived