Queens v Falkirk

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No you wouldn't you expect to beat us on your own ground like you should feel about every other team in the division...queens are a poorly supported team but Palmerston is always difficult & you should expect to win ....I expect you to win

Expecting to win, given how both sides are performing would be a rather daft case of heart ruling head.

I expect us to lose this afternoon, but hope we don't. Not many Queens fans will see this differently.

Should we also expect to beat Rangers and Hibs when they visit?

What do you base "Palmerston is always difficult" on?

It clearly often isn't, unless you support Queens.

I never understood the supposed controversy surrounding the move to a ticketing system.

If you want to take advantage of the clear skies and visit the Camera Obscura museum before today's match, you will pay your entry at the ticket office before presenting your ticket elsewhere. Likewise if you decide you can't bare another dire Queens performance and take the wife to the cinema instead. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Just the usual "change is bad" moaners looking for an excuse to get wound up about something.

I never understood the supposed controversy surrounding the move to a ticketing system.

If you want to take advantage of the clear skies and visit the Camera Obscura museum before today's match, you will pay your entry at the ticket office before presenting your ticket elsewhere. Likewise if you decide you can't bare another dire Queens performance and take the wife to the cinema instead. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Just the usual "change is bad" moaners looking for an excuse to get wound up about something.

Change usually is bad in a football context.

It's an additional inconvenience.

As for the game, like most I don't think we have a hope in hell of getting anything. We're at the bottom end of the group of dross stinking out the middle of the league, whereas Falkirk have shown they are a bit better than that. I can't see them having any real competition for third place.

I've no idea what our best team or system is and worryingly neither does Fowler. I do know who I wouldn't have near the team, honourable mention to messrs Millar and Conroy. I'd go with the following, but I would imagine the reality will be much further away. Equally if you asked 100 Queens fans you'd probably get 100 different line ups. Only really Thomson, Marshall, Higgins and Lyle come close to being in the "must pick" category, and even then it could be argued it is due to a lack of alternatives.

Thomson

Hooper Brownlie Higgins Marshall

Kidd Jacobs Hutton Russell

Lyle Oliver

The difference is that with the football you may have to queue up twice, with the others you won't have to queue at all or else the waiting time in both queues will be generally short. And with the football you may have to queue up twice in the rain. For most fans it makes no difference. But if you are an occasional fan and you are thinking of going, you may be put off by the prospect of being soaked twice before you get in. Anything that makes it more difficult for paying customers to buy your product should be avoided, if possible.

As for people pocketing the cash, how is this possible? Number of people through gate, times price equals expected cash. If the 2 don't match, operator is sacked and handed over to the police. If you are certain to be caught, why would you steal?

Buy your ticket from the Arena, it has a roof.

I very much doubt anyone has chosen not to attend a game because they have to buy a ticket rather than pay at the gate. If they have then I'd be worried for them as that isn't normal behaviour.

As for people pocketing the cash, how is this possible? Number of people through gate, times price equals expected cash. If the 2 don't match, operator is sacked and handed over to the police.

Take full payment for an adult and register a concession having entered - then pocket the difference!

There are clearly some Falkirk fans grumbling about the system, so it can't be that uncommon for it to be an issue. It won't be enough to put committed fans off, but it could put off some occasional fans. The arena roof was of no help when bigger matches were on and the queues were longer, back in the day when we had fans.

Anyway, why have a system that makes it more difficult to get in when it isn't necessary?

Take full payment for an adult and register a concession having entered - then pocket the difference!

I have already covered that - sell concession tickets. Which will greatly reduce the number of people needing a ticket. Or have a separate gate for concessions if the issue isn't the operator being unable to see the customer.

As for the game, like most I don't think we have a hope in hell of getting anything. We're at the bottom end of the group of dross stinking out the middle of the league, whereas Falkirk have shown they are a bit better than that. I can't see them having any real competition for third place.

I've no idea what our best team or system is and worryingly neither does Fowler. I do know who I wouldn't have near the team, honourable mention to messrs Millar and Conroy. I'd go with the following, but I would imagine the reality will be much further away. Equally if you asked 100 Queens fans you'd probably get 100 different line ups. Only really Thomson, Marshall, Higgins and Lyle come close to being in the "must pick" category, and even then it could be argued it is due to a lack of alternatives.

Thomson

Hooper Brownlie Higgins Marshall

Kidd Jacobs Hutton Russell

Lyle Oliver

I used to wake up on a Saturday morning, raring to get to Palmy .Now I kinda dread it .The football on show is not even mediocre,the desire non existant .I will not be purchasing a season ticket next year, due to the scheduling this season (the Scotland match switch was a joke) . Queens 0 Falkirk 3 .

I hope I am wrong .

Certain Falkirk fans also moan about our pitch and the fact we have the audacity to be in the same league as them, so you'll excuse me if I don't give a shit what they think about our ticketing system.

Agree with Cammy on this one. I very much doubt the system has put people off going to a game. If folk want to go they'll go. Queuing for an extra 2 minutes isn't really going to effect them. The system in place now is surely more accurate as well, as the tickets will have to match the money whereas in the past the only proof of sale was the money itself so it wouldn't have been hard for someone to pocket the odd £16 (not that I'm suggesting this happened). I always remember Ross County changed their ticket system because this was apparently happening mind you.

In all honesty, even at the bigger games I can't recall having to queue at the ticket booth for any length of time.

Do the turnstiles not have counters on them? If they don't, then how did we know what the crowds were before they started the ticket system? And if the turnstiles don't count the people who go through, what would stop somebody paying the turnstile guy a fiver instead of buying a ticket? The number of tickets has to match the counter. Same as the amount of cash would have to match the number times the price.

The system doesn't bother me, but I don't understand the need for it. Assuming people who complain about things are all knobs is not really a good way to run a business. If there is no alternative to the system, then that is fine. I'm suggesting that there might be an easier way to deal with the problems that inconveniences the fewest number of paying customers.

Archived