St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We are now in more trouble than we were in January 2015. We now need 1.56 points per game for the rest of the season, or 36 points from the 23 remaining games. That's 12 wins, when we haven't looked close to getting one so far.

Of course it's theoretically possible, but if we don't get at least two wins on the board by Christmas then I think the bookies could be paying out in February.

We definitely need a couple of wins before the turn of the year, no question about it. Fixtures to end of the year are;

Falkirk (A)
QoS (A)
Raith (H)
Ayr Utd (H)
Dundee Utd (A)
Morton (H)

18 points to play for. 

Our nearest team in the table is Dumbarton who have QoS (A), Hibs (A), Falkirk (H), Ayr (A) and Dundee Utd (H) in the same period.

3 hours ago, Div said:

We definitely need a couple of wins before the turn of the year, no question about it. Fixtures to end of the year are;

Falkirk (A)  0 points
QoS (A)  chance of something as Queens are on their own freefall say 1pt
Raith (H) again maybe a point here - depends what Raith turn up - lets say another point
Ayr Utd (H)  Ayr are hard to beat but don't score much - another point
Dundee Utd (A) Nul point
Morton (H)  Nul point hopefully but maybe a point

18 points to play for. - I reckon 4-6 points at best.  You could be in double figures going into the new year!!!

Our nearest team in the table is Dumbarton who have QoS (A), Hibs (A), Falkirk (H), Ayr (A) and Dundee Utd (H) in the same period.  Don't see Sons taking more than 3/4 points from that lot.

We really need 10 points from those fixtures above to give us a chance. These would most likely come from then3 home games and QOS away. I really can't see us getting anything like that - quite horrifying seeing what kind of run we need to put together to get us out this mess!

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Tremendous stuff. Could you do a wee break down for the Sons fixtures?  I only really want to go to the games Dumbarton will win, so knowing in advance would be great help.

Go to Dumfries with your fingers crossed and then save your money for Christmas.

It is an unmitigated disaster if you go down, undoubtedly.

The only positive to be drawn from it is a chance at a clean slate, remove the deadwood and build back up using the youth system with a couple of experienced players thrown in.

45 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

:lol:

Important three points, carrot at the end of the tunnel, turning a corner, one game at a time, etc.

You forgot taking cup form into the league games? :rolleyes:

I'm torn between hoping you take points off our play off rivals in your next 3 games against hoping you lose the lot of them so you are pretty much completely cut adrift.

Tough one but I think I'd rather you took points off our rivals. Mon the Saints.

7 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

...nothing for granted...good for morale...been working hard at training...just no' gettin' the breaks...only way is up...great set o' boys here...

is that a full house now? 

You just need something about five breakaway goals for the full set :P

Archived