Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

Oh dear Will Celtic get the same abuse Falkirk took for being beat by Vaduz 3 Brazilians and a few German and Swiss U21 internationals playing in the Swiss league. 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_ls4n0ovJpE1qaid3h.gif

Undoubtedly the most hilarious result for a 'Scottish' team in Europe; probably the most hilarious embarrassment in the history of the game. 

Never forget the laughter.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I think you'll find that the Imps are doing rather well.

Ironically it doesn't make any difference to Gibraltar as UEFA are still capping them at 1 EL slot instead of 3... As of tonight they've accrued more this season than anyone outside the 'Big 3'/Liechtenstein.

1 hour ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Fucking disgusted tonight. I accept the pitch was poor and it's clear we couldn't get going on it...but that in itself is not justifiable for me. It was flat and we have full-time professional players...a few who are international players...and they should be able to control a ball.

Thought our disallowed goal should've stood and we were unlucky to hit the woodwork twice. On another day you get that wee bit of luck & it changes the outcome of the game. However even then I can balance that out by saying that LRI had another good chance they could've done better with themselves after they scored.

I think Big Efe is all too often an easy fall guy but tonight he once again played into the hands of his critics & he offered no defence. If he can't stop part-timers from taking the piss, how can he be trusted against better opposition.

No excuses tonight....we were fucking awful.

Boo fucking hoo...had you supported your local team instead of glory-hunting you'd be laughing and pointing like the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

According to the BBC the taxi driver fireman and policeman in the squad had to work shifts until 1pm before clocking-off and getting ready for the game :lol:.

More and more atrocious.

TBF the taxi driver sat on his arse all morning, the fireman slept and the policeman ran off the doughnuts for ninety minutes.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Everyone's a bit premature here with the gloating, Celtic might well pull this back in the second leg.

Unless I'm about to be whooshed here... will it matter if they win 10-0?

To lose to a team from a nation the size of Rutherglen, with 1 football pitch, an average crowd of 28, and firemen, cabbies, bricklayers and dockers working half-days before the tie?

As an individual match it's shameless and undeniably the worst result ever recorded by any Scottish club in Europe, ever.

Archived