New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

6 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

They should all be made to row across the Forth, see how keen they are to commute then.

Probably be quicker. Survival of the fittest. I used to cycle in (on the rare occasion the bridge wasn't shut to cyclists due to high winds) and it was quicker for me to get from the western corner of darkest Fife into leafy south west Edinburgh by bike than it was to drive, or try and get to train stations. 

I always think when you see the tens of thousands of cars going through fife and into Edinburgh to work maybe there's a business opportunity missed for Fife? If you built office space etc then surely people would rather work at home then travel through that hell every day?

I'm thinking of writing up that business case. Commuting across to Edinburgh got old some time ago. I could quite easily do the same thing from a Fife sub-office. Result being I save money, I reduce my carbon footprint, the company saves money as it doesn't require as big an office. Everyone's a winner.

Call me defeatist, but asking the likes of RBS or Standard Life (which the many other firms revolve around) to move to Rosyth might be a bit on the ambitious side.

Because some heid bummer might need to travel from his Edinburgh penthouse rather than his 1000 minions from Fife?

I'm seeing a slight downside to this "spend more time in Fife" plan.

There is no downside. I hardly see Edinburgh as it is. I just see the inside of an office most days. Could be anywhere. Might as well be somewhere with a short commute.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

There is no downside. I hardly see Edinburgh as it is. I just see the inside of an office most days. Could be anywhere. Might as well be somewhere with a short commute.

Fair point. Especially those who commute from Fife to some office box at The Gyle. 

Surely it makes more sense all round if the majority are from north of Edinburgh to have offices based in Fife? Nightmare for all concerned. I think this will happen eventually.

There are 30 people in my area of our office building. 8 of them are from Fife.

Not the majority, but if you extrapolate, you could downsize the office building in Edinburgh and save money.

I used to work in Rosyth and there were more people who would commute to our work from Edinburgh than there were from arround Fife. Just because you build an office north of the Forth doesn't mean that's where your workforce will live.

Honestly still think they're taking the piss tbf.

I do however dread my trips to Napier, although I only have to do 28 of them a year. Worst place for driving in the country by a mile Edinburgh.

On 8/31/2017 at 09:34, deej said:

Just want to second the fact that anyone who went across the bridge on opening day purely to say they have, is beyond OFTW and should be subjected to the Gary Mackay-Steven - Firth edition - treatment.

I went over it in an ice cream van on the way to 12th birthday party I was DJing at.