P&B Relationship Advice Thread

1 hour ago, Günther said:

You've shared a few years of your life with her and for a while it's not been enjoyable for many reasons you've stated. You're in your mid-30's. Think about it, if you struggle to think about the next 2 weeks with her, can you see the next 40-60 years of your life with her??

my biggest regret from when I was younger was not walking away from my sons mother when I should've, my Dad warned me about the stuff I wasn't seeing but I told him shut up and for a man who's had more woman than I've had hot dinners, it was a time when I should have listened.

Do you have any ties to your burd? Mortgage, joint loans, rent agreements etc?? If it's only the latter, walk away and instruct the landlord to terminate the lease and pay the penalty. 

Last bit of advice, don't jump straight back on it. Find your feet first and get your house in order. 

Good luck mate, get it dumped and move on! Change your number and block her Facebook, it helps :-)

Did you ever find true love then?

Well lads, shots fired.

Have told her ladyship and the landlord in writing I'm out. Booked a storage unit and have my mates spare room set up. 

Heading home now from work to start packing the car. Expecting fireworks but the wheels are in motion now. 

Hopefully everything works out mate! Be sure to us let know either way though, I'm smelling gold. Boy (rightly it sounds, tbf) left his bird thanks to advise on P&B and...tbc

Throwaway, you done it yet? If not, why not?

Think of the Simpsons episode when Bart tricks Mrs Krabappel in to thinking she's going to meet a guy when he writes to her pretending to be some dude ("Truly, yours is a butt that won't quit!"). Helpful suggestions (mainly Homer) for Bart to get out the mess included "Dear babe, welcome to Dumpsville, population; you" and "Three words; I am gay!".

On a more serious note, just think that if you stay in an unhappy situation that you will be wasting your life. You won't get that time back. You'll lose all respect for yourself (rightly so) and your confidence will vanish. You'll be living in a mental prison. That's way more mental than anything your bird does. It's insane to choose to live that way for any reason. Any fallout over breaking it off will be fucking nothing next to a lifetime of misery and the soul sapping realisation each and every day that you're a shitebag who is unhappy and has spurned the absolutely precious commodity of time and life, each day becoming less and less of the person you once were and want to be until you're nothing but a burnt out husk with a fake smile and robotic phrases and motions miserably shuffling towards old age and death.

25ddec50608ed00a30f5116ef7c7a3c0.jpg

Update:

Two car loads into storage so far. It's amazing how much crap I have accumulated.

Pretty painful last night - she was following me around as I tried to pack alternating between bawling and raging. Stayed the night with my pals and got a few bevvies in which helped.

The worst part is the dug - I know I'm anthropomorphising but he's been looking at me with a look that suggests he's aware his wee world is getting ripped apart. He belongs to her. He's a wee punk but I'm going to miss him.

18 minutes ago, Throwaway_tosser said:

Update:

Two car loads into storage so far. It's amazing how much crap I have accumulated.

Pretty painful last night - she was following me around as I tried to pack alternating between bawling and raging. Stayed the night with my pals and got a few bevvies in which helped.

The worst part is the dug - I know I'm anthropomorphising but he's been looking at me with a look that suggests he's aware his wee world is getting ripped apart. He belongs to her. He's a wee punk but I'm going to miss him.

I miss the old philpy :(

58 minutes ago, Throwaway_tosser said:

Update:

Suggest she gets it put down.

Well this thread brought a smile to my face.

Good luck throwaway - you've undoubtedly done the right thing. It's not going to be all plain sailing but hey ho, that's life.

I think you have to do a bit of serious thinking with these decisions, but in the end your instinct is the deciding factor. Pals, family, and internet stranger dangers can all chip in but ultimately the decision is yours, and yours alone.