Driving

P45

Quite often going through temporary traffic lights at roadworks etc, there is always at least one driver well back in the queue who pulls out into the other lane well before actually getting to the lights instead of staying in lane and moving out at the lights. If the car in front of me does this I am always tempted to close up the space so that if the lights change back to red the arse driver will be stuck out in the opposite lane when cars start coming the opposite way. (I'm too soft and let them back in the queue in the hope that they feel suitably chastised and embarrassed.)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

I had a vaguely similar experience when driving up the a77/m77 a while ago. Guy in a white BMW was going about 55/60 in the left hand lane, so overtook him as I was going roughly 70. For some reason it seems to make him seething so he flies out into the right hand lane and blasts past me, before pulling back in front of me and slowing back down to 55. Bit strange I thought, but after the same process happening 3 more times, I thought the guy was a complete maniac who may well run me off the road and kill me. After the 5th time overtaking him (and picking up my speed to about 85 to get away from the psycho) he does what you've described and stays as close as possible behind me going about 85 too. Any need to brake from me and its a massive crash. After about 5 mins of this he takes a turnoff, never to be seen again. Absolutely bizarre, but certainly gave me a dodgy feeling whilst it was happening.

I had one on a country road between Glenfarg and Ardargie a few months ago, the guy was doing 20 and as it was clear I decided to overtake him. Once I overtook him and picked my speed up he then appeared behind me and followed me the whole way to Perth occasionally flashing his lights and revving.

Never been so glad to turn onto the Glasgow road in my life. I was fearing for my life.

I had one on a country road between Glenfarg and Ardargie a few months ago, the guy was doing 20 and as it was clear I decided to overtake him. Once I overtook him and picked my speed up he then appeared behind me and followed me the whole way to Perth occasionally flashing his lights and revving.

Never been so glad to turn onto the Glasgow road in my life. I was fearing for my life.

I overtook a Fiat 500 leaving Brora after a Clach game in my mighty Nissan Micra automatic. I stayed at a steady 60 (6 points) and the Fiat revved his engine to the max on the straights to catch up and tailgate, whilst I pulled away on the twisty bits, staying at 60. Got bored towards Tore and pulled into a layby. Another time I came off the motorway in torrential rain onto narrow country roads followed by a lorry clearly bored of being restricted by speed cameras. Again sticking to 60 he was seriously up my arse and nowhere to pull in. The rain was so bad I could hardly see where I was going. When he was kissing my back bumper I tapped the brake, heard a thump behind when he saw the brake lights and stomped on his seriously powerful lorry brakes in a panic, and I sped away, fleeing down the first side road. It was like Spielberg's Dual, in my underpants anyway.

Even if it had of been on that stretch though, still absolutely bizarre aggressive behaviour. If someone wants to go past at 20mph over the limit then just let them, continually pulling out, getting in front then slowing down is just mental.

Never been subjected to such a thing myself , but as you say weird behaviour!

BMW drivers are all twats.

Mercedes drivers are all rich twats.

Audi drivers are wannabe rich twats.

As one of them, i have to respectfully disagree. The worst drivers are 30 somethings driving 2.0 vectras while going through some form of mental crisis.

Ford drivers = Top bois

Anyway the main thing that infuriates me is people doing 40 in derestricted zones, and then 40 when they get into the 30 zone at the end of it. I'm convinced some drivers just go everywhere at 40. Leading to much, muttered, under breath swearing from myself.

It always surprises me how many job-dependent drivers, like lorry drivers, couriers, delivery drivers, etc, flout the law about not using mobile phones when driving. Bad enough if the ordinary motorist gets stopped for using their mobile but surely more foolish if your job depends on keeping a clean licence. A lot of the Companies these drivers work for are big businesses who could surely afford to instal proper hands-free sets but I'm sure every phone nowadays comes with hands-free ability.

Driving from London to Inverness on Wednesday which might be fun for about an hour or so. Anyone got any favourite service stations in the UK? I'll obviously be stopping at Tebay which is clearly the best one.

Nah - they are all shite apart from Tebay. The Horn is ok but tired.

Depending if you're with weans or not I'd be tempted to come off at Pitlochry and find a pub.

Nah - they are all shite apart from Tebay. The Horn is ok but tired.

Depending if you're with weans or not I'd be tempted to come off at Pitlochry and find a pub.

Aye, one good thing about the average speed cameras is you can drink as much as you like.

One of the things I've noticed recently which I can't get my head round is people approaching a roundabout and are planning on going straight through. They will put their indicator on signalling to the right, and when they are approaching their exit will put their left indicator on. It's fucking mental.

Depends on the size of the roundabout/position of the 2nd exit, though?

Archived