Next Celtic Manager

414 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We could've had Roy Keane instead we got Ronnie who?

Dermot Desmond set the ball in motion but Lawwell didn't fancy working with Keane so didn't follow it up.

I would prefer Stubbs to remain at Hibs win a cup & get them up.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keane would've a fucking bigger car crash than Ronny tbh, glad we avoided him

Hes Irish and a former player and hes a "Celtic man". How could that fail?

Stubbs made a tremendously strange comment about him being in the same boat as Stokes and Henderson after the match today...

I actually rewound (not a real word according to my phone) the TV because I too thought he made a strange comment about this along the "unavailable" lines which was the point being made.

However Rob McLean said "2 people who will be happy with today's result......" then moved onto them playing in the final and I assume Stubbs just meant he was happy too.

He must be a contender for worst ever Celtic manager now. Aside from the awful European and Cup failures, I genuinely can't think of one successful signing that he's made in two years.

So, best ever, then? :)

He's certainly got the transfer acumen of a concussed Locke, but the inability to accept that anything less than total domination of the Premiership - given the disparity of the budgets, and the added attraction of European football (no sniggering at the back!) to any new signings - is so completely embarrassing that even the green trogs have stopped defending him. As for that roar.... :lol::lol::lol:

I actually rewound (not a real word according to my phone) the TV because I too thought he made a strange comment about this along the "unavailable" lines which was the point being made.

However Rob McLean said "2 people who will be happy with today's result......" then moved onto them playing in the final and I assume Stubbs just meant he was happy too.

If a word isn't recognised by a mobile phone, then you really shouldn't be using it on a football forum. You could be threatening the very fabric of society. School children have been reported for anti-British behaviour for much less than this.

If a word isn't recognised by a mobile phone, then you really shouldn't be using it on a football forum. You could be threatening the very fabric of society. School children have been reported for anti-British behaviour for much less than this.

In fairness, there's posters on here who randomly grab letters from the scrabble bag in an effort to appear educated. There's one at least who won't enjoy being described as anti-British mind...

One example of Deila's failure is the purchase of Nadir Ciftci on a three year deal from Dundee Utd for 1.5m when he's only worth half that value.

Ciftci now looks like off on loan to Eskisehirspor for the season and likely to be sold on for next to nothing in the summer.

Celtic have a fucking awful record with strikers the last few years.

Griffiths is the only striker that has thrived at Celtic with Deila as manager

Gary Hooper being the only other striker of note over the last few years

and then there's Stokes

must be well over a dozen strikers both Lennon in his last couple of seasons and Deila have been through

some made a brief impact before fading others were just meh

Amido Balde

Teemu Pukki

Stefan Scepovic

Nadir Ciftci

All over the last couple years, all big money, all flops.

A whole load of other failures here - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/celtics-strikers-200506-201516-scottish-6375760#wLRVO7ox19JSR9DA.97

Celtic have got a lot right transfer wise recently but have really wasted a lot of money on shite strikers.

Packie Bonnar seems to be everywhere on the BBC, He'll be wanting a manager's job surely so i don't have to listen to that awful accent radio commentary of his.

Chris Sutton last job was Lincoln City patnered by John Hartson in the dugout with Stevie frail as first team coach and Bobby Petta in the wings as youth coach. Bringing in Neil Lennon as a role as Director of football should do the trick.

He must be a contender for worst ever Celtic manager now. Aside from the awful European and Cup failures, I genuinely can't think of one successful signing that he's made in two years.

Statistically he must be right up there. He's been a monumental failure, with absolutely no competition whatsoever. It's akin to losing a game of Fifa to the computer on beginner level.

Archived