Worst SNPbad story yet

Fide

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The response she gets is absolutely deserved.  A nasty wee SNPbad opportunist.  What a vile little faux-leftie.

She's quite rightly taking a tanking on Twitter. She just blocked me, albeit I didn't realise I was following her in the first place. 

Isn't Gray very much the type who thinks Scotland is a colourful and interesting wee former kingdom that is sensibly now ruled as a bit of North Britain by the Tories in London, and always should be if that's what voters in the rest of her country want? Scottish is, as far as I'm aware, her proud regional identity, but one she'd balk at making her nationality.

She's quite rightly taking a tanking on Twitter. She just blocked me, albeit I didn't realise I was following her in the first place. 

Isn't Gray very much the type who thinks Scotland is a colourful and interesting wee former kingdom that is sensibly now ruled as a bit of North Britain by the Tories in London, and always should be if that's what voters in the rest of her country want? Scottish is, as far as I'm aware, her proud regional identity, but one she'd balk at making her nationality.

She's awful at the best of times, but this latest attempt at SNPbad made me cringe so hard I almost prolapsed.

Muriel Grey: the very definition of an oxygen thief. Another pampered middle class brat that acted the working class rebel in her yoof & was an integral part of that self-aggrandising self-perpetuating 80s luvvie illuminati that did more to dumb down comedy, fiction, TV, journalism & the arts than all the "decadant old order" they sought to overthrow.

f**k the Trees for Life project: if the Green Party comes to power they still need to put her on trial for all those trees that were slaughtered to produce those Stephen King for chick-lit readers shytey novels of hers that make J K Rowling's look like Shakespeare.

Muriel Grey: the very definition of an oxygen thief. Another pampered middle class brat that acted the working class rebel in her yoof & was an integral part of that self-aggrandising self-perpetuating 80s luvvie illuminati that did more to dumb down comedy, fiction, TV, journalism & the arts than all the "decadant old order" they sought to overthrow.

f**k the Trees for Life project: if the Green Party comes to power they still need to put her on trial for all those trees that were slaughtered to produce those Stephen King for chick-lit readers shytey novels of hers that make J K Rowling's look like Shakespeare.

Exactly what i was thinking but much more eloquently elucidated.....well played

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/29/church-minister-warns-congregation-against-voting-for-satanic-sn/

Church minister warns congregation against voting for 'Satanic' SNP

Free Church of Scotland minister has denounced the SNP as “Satanic†and urged his congregation to “think long and hard†if they are considering backing the Nationalists in next week’s Holyrood election. Rev Paul Gibson, of Knox Church in Perth, said the Scottish Government’s plans to allow adults or children to legally change their gender so they are neither men nor women was one of the worst “attacks on Christianity†the country has ever seen. In an outspoken letter to his congregation, he also said the SNP’s plan to assign every child a state guardian usurped the God-given role of parents. He added: ““Can a government really be this foolish and that Satanic?! The answer, tragically, is yes.â€

Although he admitted there was a “good deal of truth†to the saying that all political parties are as bad as each other, Rev Gibson questioned whether “true believers†could vote for the SNP “in good conscience before our creator.â€

He also warned that the church must brace itself for “the most extreme attack against God’s good order†in living memory, given that the Nationalists appear certain to win another term in office next week. His incendiary intervention came after Nicola Sturgeon disclosed last month that one of her top priorities after she wins next week will be to review Scotland’s gender recognition laws to ensure they are in line with “international best practiceâ€.

Campaigners said this would mean allowing Scots to change the gender on their birth certificate using a simple self-declaration that they consider themselves to be of the opposite sex. Children under 16 would also be allowed to do this but would require the permission of their parents. In addition, the law would recognise that some people have a “non-binary genderâ€, meaning they would legally be neither men nor a woman and could change documents such as birth and marriage certificates and passports to reflect that.

SNP minsters have also come under intense criticism for the Named Person scheme, under which every child in Scotland will be assigned a health visitor or teacher responsible for their wellbeing. It is currently being challenged in the UK’s highest court by campaigners who argue it undermines parents’ rights to raise their children as they see fit. In his letter, Rev Gibson said: “It appears that the Scottish Government is in the process of doing everything in its power to destroy these essential foundations of a God-honouring society in ways that will have disastrous consequences for generations to come. “We have already seen widespread celebration of the oxymoron that is same-sex marriage. But now, not content with this assault on the most important institution for the right ordering of society, our authoritarian ‘progressives’ want to take us further into the darkness by effectively disregarding the God-given authority and responsibility of parents, as well as allowing - if not even encouraging - all people to choose which gender they wish to identify with.

“You almost have to pinch yourself each time you even think about it – so extreme is the departure, not just from biblical morality, but basic wisdom and common sense.†He added that the SNP appeared “intent on destroying any lasting imprint of God’s design.â€

An SNP spokesman said the Named Person policy was aimed at protecting children’s wellbeing and supporting, not diminishing the role of parents. He added that it was widely supported by children’s charities and the Scottish Police Federation.

Neil Oliver

May 1 2016, 1:01am, The Sunday Times
SNP vision of independence is same as the Union, but dead

Neil Oliver

The SNP are in the dead dog business. I’m old enough to remember when they were a joke. They were a reliable turn at many a Scottish constituency on the general election nights of my youth.

Often, when a returning officer read out the results, events followed a well-worn path. A hopelessly low number of votes would be attributed to the nationalist candidate and if you were quick you’d spot the angry man in the hairy jacket and slacks.

He might manage a wan smile and there’d be a lone cheer from somewhere off camera. There was something relentlessly grim about it. The Monster Raving Loony party was similarly compelling, but at least they found themselves funny.

But somewhere along the line something truly awful happened and the SNP became the only joke in town, and it was on us. It was all over us and all over the country.

Alex Salmond has been fond of saying independence is inevitable. He’s yesterday’s man, but still strangely unavoidable — inverted thumb tucked inside his always-clenched fist like a poker player’s tell, the giveaway of the inconvenient truth he doesn’t want us to see.

I have two issues with his more recent pronouncement — and with Nicola Sturgeon’s promise that she herself will choose the date for a second hate-fest.

First of all, simple school playground law would surely dictate that, at the very least, we would have to move on to the “best of three� (The nationalists lost the first one, remember? I say remember, because we seem to have already forgotten the result of the one they sold us as a once-in-a-lifetime event.)

So, even if there was a second referendum and they won it . . . (sorry, it all went dark for a minute. I think I might have passed out) . . . that would make it just one-all. At the very least we would have to follow the second with a decider, or am I wrong?

And if a third one happened, meaning someone was 2-1 up, what’s to stop the loser demanding “best of five� I ask, in all seriousness, where would it all end?

To my way of thinking, you can only have one referendum on any given topic — and we’ve already had it. The idea of keeping on — demanding one after another until eventually the planets align in your favour and you get what you want — is to utterly compromise the integrity of the very notion of the plebiscite. You cannot ignore a clear result just because it’s not the answer you wanted to hear.

Leaving schoolboy logic aside, my second problem with the latest, Salmond-inspired take on things, is his use of the word, “inevitableâ€. It is an interesting choice. All decay is inevitable. Death itself is inevitable. The challenge for us as individuals, as a species and as a civilized democracy, is to resist the inevitable, the decline, to rage against the dying of the light.

Breaking something into pieces is infinitely easier than the act of creation. Allowing a great work to fall into disrepair for want of maintenance is easier still. The Union has been the work of centuries, taken on and completed by countless selfless people — statesmen, soldiers, common citizens. Great Britain has been here so long it can be easy to think it just happened, a

work of nature like a mountain or an ancient tree. The truth is, it was ever a fragile thing.

Union is a dream shared by a people and kept real only by their imagination and conviction. If we neglect to maintain it, the temple will fall. All of it will be destroyed and so the work of centuries will be undone.

Salmond is a big, round wrecking ball of a man, shaped only to do damage. He and his sort — Sturgeon and the rest — fail even to comprehend what it is they behold and despise. So lacking in imagination are they, their vision of a post-Union future (or, at least, the one they have been inclined to share with us so far) is all but indistinguishable from the present and past that so galls them.

When backed into a corner they imply that nothing anyone cares about will change. Their independent Scotland would still have the pound, they say. Still have the protection of Nato and the membership of Europe. Pensions would be unaffected; everyone on these islands would still be the very best of friends. Tomorrow — after a vote for independence, they say — would be identical to yesterday when the Union was intact.

And that is the part I simply cannot fathom. Why seek to reassure people it will all be so easy? I could understand the attraction, for some, of being challenged to an epic journey filled with danger and the promise of the unknown. “Come with me,†such a leader might say. “The road will be hard, there may be no beds to sleep in, no roof over our heads. We will be hungry and thirsty and we may walk the last miles in our bare feet — but we will walk together towards a bright new horizon!â€

A carefree sort might leap at such an offer. Instead we are told it’s not that far and there’s nothing to worry about. “Just move out of the big house. We can camp at the bottom of the garden, we’ll still have access to the ex’s bank account and she says we can use the downstairs toilet.†It would be laughable if it wasn’t so pitiful.

Vote SNP — they want to shoot the dog but it’s OK: after it’s dead you can still keep it in your bedroom and stroke it just like always. Maybe give it a new name. Call it Independence.

Archived