The joke thread: a thread for camaraderie and hilarity

On 07/06/2020 at 16:27, welshbairn said:

What does a priest like better than a good conundrum? A good nun under him.

(Brendan Behan joke, here's another)

If Ireland was inhabited by the Dutch it would be the garden of Europe. And if Holland was inhabited by the Irish they'd all be drowned.

(It's the way he tells them!)

I think he nicked the second one off Otto Von Bismarck whose solution to the Irish question was to swap the Dutch and the Irish. The Dutch being sober and hard working, said Otto, would make a success of the land. The Irish would fight among themselves, not maintain the dykes (steady) and drown.

Not funny but historical 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I think he nicked the second one off Otto Von Bismarck whose solution to the Irish question was to swap the Dutch and the Irish. The Dutch being sober and hard working, said Otto, would make a success of the land. The Irish would fight among themselves, not maintain the dykes (steady) and drown.

Not funny but historical 

Nothing worse than a joke explained. :P

13 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

36000.jpg

Completely unrealistic. The ref's shirt is too close in colour to the defending team so he'd have been made to change it before kick-off.

A London  lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a Glaswegian copper. He thinks that he is smarter than the cop because he is a lawyer from London  and is certain that he has a better education then any Scots cop. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the Glasgow  cops expense!! Glasgow  cop says, " Licence and insurance, please." London  Lawyer says, "What for?" Glasgow  cop says, "Ye did nae come to a complete stop at the stop sign." London  Lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming" Glasgow  cop says, "Ye still did nae come to a complete stop. Licence and insurance, Please Sir. London  Lawyer says, "What's the difference?" Glasgow  cop says, "The difference is, ye huv te to come to complete stop, that's the law, Licence and insurance, please!" London  Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my licence and insurance; and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket." Glasgow  cop says, "Sounds fair. Exit your vehicle, sir." The London  Lawyer exits his vehicle. The Glasgow  cop takes out his truncheon and starts beating the crap out of the lawyer and says, "Dae ye want me to stop, or just slow doon?"