How do you pay for things?

Dazzle

Card or Cash  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cash almost everywhere except the supermarket and petrol station, basically because I get cashback on the credit card.

Usually take out £50 a pop from the cash machine so that anything not £50 sticks out like a sore thumb on the bank statement.

Cash normally unless there is food involved in the transaction. First time that i was in a pub that had people buying drinks by card, it was full of office types. The later it went into the night the more lax the people were with trying to cover their pin numbers. Just looked like a dangerous game to me.

I carry small amounts of cash - under a tenner usually - for things like sandwiches at lunchtime and other minor purchases. Anything over a tenner and I usually use the card. I was paying for rounds in pubs on the card, but since my card details were stolen I've been reluctant to do this and usually take cash to the pub.

I usually always have cash on me but find I use my card more often than ever, contactless cards are great.

Which one is it?

I downloaded Apple Pay, the gimmick wore off rather quick. But means when I'm hungover from the night before and my wallet has gone for yet another trip in the washing machine I can use my phone at the local shop.

Will use my card usually for 'bigger' purchases and cash for daily stuff like food etc. Although I have found myself using my card in places like Subway and KFC recently even though I have cash in my wallet to pay for it, just in case I need the cash later on.

Got a lovely pile of bottlecaps for when our pre-war money becomes worthless :thumsup2

Amazed by how many folk still rely primarily on cash, but there are still a good percentage of folk who don't have bank accounts, so I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise. I generally don't carry cash unless I know I'm going somewhere where I won't be able to use plastic. Never a big deal if you suddenly find yourself in need, as there are ATMs everywhere.

I suppose folk who live in wee villages will need to carry cash all the time too, thinking about it.

Got a lovely pile of bottlecaps for when our pre-war money becomes worthless :thumsup2

Amazed by how many folk still rely primarily on cash, but there are still a good percentage of folk who don't have bank accounts, so I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise. I generally don't carry cash unless I know I'm going somewhere where I won't be able to use plastic. Never a big deal if you suddenly find yourself in need, as there are ATMs everywhere.

I suppose folk who live in wee villages will need to carry cash all the time too, thinking about it.

My grandad is 77 this year and never had a bank card. Every Friday he goes to the bank and withdraws enough for that week. Tried explain to him online banking, using cards and online shopping. The b*****d almost had a heart attack the old technophobe :lol:

I'm mostly in Glasgow, so I just pretend my living expenses are an art project and Creative Scotland picks it up.

Not really, moving more towards card payment now, though only for larger things - f**k people who hold everyone up while they remember their PIN for a packet of chuggy.

Card payments for most things but always cash for meals and nights out. Bitty weird paying pubs by card and restaurants by cash looks a tad better than a card

Use cards for most transactions but a night out it's cash wherever possible. It's a lot easier to spend over the odds when you're not taking out a specific amount. Last time I went to subclub without cash I ended up spending an absolute fortune

Archived