Scams

maicoman

Didn't this happen on Better Call Saul? Something along the lines of his mate trying to sell a rare coin to someone in a bar?

Basically the same as one of the very first episodes of Only Fools and Horses (Cash and Curry I think it was called). Del gets conned by some Indian guys into buying some statue using exactly the same strategy.

Buy a cheap framed picture.

Go to a pub and ask to leave it behind bar while you run an errand.

Get a mate to go in to pub,pose as a customer and offer to buy picture for £2000. Landlord will tell him it's not his to sell. Mate leaves contact number with landlord if he can get his hands on it to sell.

You return to pub, landlord asks to buy picture, you tell him £100.

Meet your friend in another pub and get pished off your 100 quid.

Foolproof.

If your mate is willing to part with 2k I would sell it to him instead

Can't remember if I posted this great idea last time this thread was doing the rounds, but take out an advert in gullible woman's magazines, promising that you can guarantee the gender of a new-born baby for parents desperate for a boy or a girl. £1,000 or your money back.

Send them a blue / pink sugar pill. If it turns out to be a boy when they wanted a girl or vice-versa, send them their money back. Otherwise, pocket the cash.

Can't remember if I posted this great idea last time this thread was doing the rounds, but take out an advert in gullible woman's magazines, promising that you can guarantee the gender of a new-born baby for parents desperate for a boy or a girl. £1,000 or your money back.

Send them a blue / pink sugar pill. If it turns out to be a boy when they wanted a girl or vice-versa, send them their money back. Otherwise, pocket the cash.

Both this and the fruit machine idea are brilliant and would absolutely work :lol:

Buy a top Institutional footy team for a quid.

Tell them about your ambitious plans and off the radar wealth.

Use someone else's money to clear any debt.

Strip the place clean selling everything that isn't nailed down.

f**k off to France

But surely that would only work once....

Oh wait....

Pick a race with a small number of runners, say 5. Fill 50 envelopes with the name of horse number 1,with a note saying when this horse wins meet me tomorrow at 1pm and I'll sell you another tip. 50 with horse No2 meet me at 2pm etc.Go to a busy location and hand out as many sealed envelopes as you can. Next day you will have 50 eager customers ready to buy your tips.

Pick a race with a small number of runners, say 5. Fill 50 envelopes with the name of horse number 1,with a note saying when this horse wins meet me tomorrow at 1pm and I'll sell you another tip. 50 with horse No2 meet me at 2pm etc.Go to a busy location and hand out as many sealed envelopes as you can. Next day you will have 50 eager customers ready to buy your tips.

Hi Derren!