Livingston vs Falkirk

Always a difficult game at the 'Whateveryourcallingitthisweek' Stadium. Important we get the three points with the **** away being the next home game. If we can still be in the mix after the next two league games then you never know what might happen.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets be honest, our performances over the past few weeks haven't been great but we've still been able to do enough to pick up points that we would probably have lost in recent previous seasons.

All things being equal we should be able to get the win on Saturday but I feel that another poor(ish) performance may cost us.

I really hope that Houstie doesn't feel that he needs to accommodate McGrandles. Much as I think the guy's a great player I don't think he should have brought him on for Miller when he did. Much like the game at ER I think he cost us points with the wrong substitutions. I think he made a mistake in starting Miller rather than O'Hara too.

I think a change of formation could accommodate all of our best players, McGrandles and Miller/O'Hara included.

Lets be honest, our performances over the past few weeks haven't been great but we've still been able to do enough to pick up points that we would probably have lost in recent previous seasons.

All things being equal we should be able to get the win on Saturday but I feel that another poor(ish) performance may cost us.

I really hope that Houstie doesn't feel that he needs to accommodate McGrandles. Much as I think the guy's a great player I don't think he should have brought him on for Miller when he did. Much like the game at ER I think he cost us points with the wrong substitutions. I think he made a mistake in starting Miller rather than O'Hara too.

I think a change of formation could accommodate all of our best players, McGrandles and Miller/O'Hara included.

My thots when we signed him, also with the fact Taiwo will be back soon ish hopefully, tho Id drop Kerr to bench for this one with the cup in mind. I thot Kerr was superb and didnt tire/fall out of the game as he has done in some games near the end, I dont know if this was due to the fact we have had a long rest or that he knows McGrandle's is waiting but I think it would make sense to rest Kerr.

Id start with same 10 otherwise, remember Livvy having a beast of a centre half last time out, so Miller can work him and need be O'Hara to come on. Im surprised to see Livvy releasing Hugo Faria, I was impressed with him against us in the midweek game earlier and the workrate from the whole Livvy team.

I actually watched the first 20mins of the Rangers v Livvy game on Saturday, got bored tho after the soft penalty and how poor Livvy were, tho it will be a different Livvy on Saturday

Vaulks to rb, Muirhead at ch and mcgrandles alongside kerr would be my choice

As I've said elsewhere I think we could change to 3 at the back with Vaulks, McGrandles, Kerr and Leahy in the middle then Sibbs or Alston behind Miller/O'Hara & Baird.

At the moment I think a wee spell on the bench wouldn't hurt Sibbs and, if we were to play that formation on Saturday I'd start with Miller.

At the end of the day though I'm not a football manager and I think we need to trust Houstie to do the right thing.

My thots when we signed him, also with the fact Taiwo will be back soon ish hopefully, tho Id drop Kerr to bench for this one with the cup in mind. I thot Kerr was superb and didnt tire/fall out of the game as he has done in some games near the end, I dont know if this was due to the fact we have had a long rest or that he knows McGrandle's is waiting but I think it would make sense to rest Kerr.

Id start with same 10 otherwise, remember Livvy having a beast of a centre half last time out, so Miller can work him and need be O'Hara to come on. Im surprised to see Livvy releasing Hugo Faria, I was impressed with him against us in the midweek game earlier and the workrate from the whole Livvy team.

I actually watched the first 20mins of the Rangers v Livvy game on Saturday, got bored tho after the soft penalty and how poor Livvy were, tho it will be a different Livvy on Saturday

We never released Faria, his contract ended and he chose not to renew it unsurprisingly considering he was Burchill's friend and was staying with the Burchills while at Livingstom.

I'd like to see the same effort we put in closing Falkirk players down in the last game against them. White and Buchanan up front, with Mullen in midfield and starting too. Both he and Buchanan can score from outside the box so hopefully they take long range shots, wee Danny is due a goal from 25 yards.

Tough game that will likely finish 2-0 or 2-1 Falkirk, we managed a win against them last season though so you never know. :unsure2:

Ollie Durojaiye on the verge of signing for us, was at Falkirk for a spell, I can't remember much about him tbh. Thoughts ?

Probably not good enough for this level. He showed decent patches with us, but it was very common to see games completely pass him by.

I doubt there will be much changed to our team for this game. Feel that Muirhead is starting to impress at RB and that Watson actually played well on Saturday.

I really can't see who would be dropped in midfield for McGrandles. Kerr has been brilliant since coming back, Alston tries his heart out and always puts in a good shift and I just can't see Houston dropping Sibbald.

Only possibility I could see is reverting back to one striker, which I'm not a fan of.

Archived