Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t disagree with a word you say.  However if the arrests and detentions are minimal in relative terms and the riots grow the government will face a tough choice.  Having these people terrorise communities unabated is not an option.

I think, IIRC when there were riots before the Olympics in London some pretty heavy sentences were doled out. There's cctv and social media footage aplenty. What the police can and should do is rip these fools out their beds and charge them immediately 

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not surprised at all but I am saddened.  I don’t think either Robinson or Tate have any genuine beliefs, they are grifters who can make money by sowing divisions and dissent.

Tommy Robinson doesn't have a job but lives comfortably in Spain while having a massive cocaine addiction. It's pretty clear why he does it.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think, IIRC when there were riots before the Olympics in London some pretty heavy sentences were doled out. There's cctv and social media footage aplenty. What the police can and should do is rip these fools out their beds and charge them immediately 

Wonder if Farage will pretend he gives a shit like Trump does about the January 6th goons 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Tommy Robinson doesn't have a job but lives comfortably in Spain while having a massive cocaine addiction. It's pretty clear why he does it.

He supports St Johnstone?

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Wonder if Farage will pretend he gives a shit like Trump does about the January 6th goons 

Trump doesn’t pretend.  He calls them ‘January 6th hostages’.  However far we’ve regressed I don’t think Farage would risk rhetoric like that.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump doesn’t pretend.  He calls them ‘January 6th hostages’.  However far we’ve regressed I don’t think Farage would risk rhetoric like that.

He *calls* them that, he doesn’t actually give a shit about them tho. 

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm a bit torn on this to be honest.

I don't have a problem with discussion of the disorder in English towns and cities taking place in the 'Southport Stabbings' thread, although I think I understand why you do.

It's true that any direct link between Monday's events and the rioting we've seen does not exist, in that attacking mosques can clearly be said to have literally nothing to do with the young kids being murdered.   Nevertheless, that link, however fictitious and distasteful, has been made by the participants in the riots.  The disturbances are the fall-out or aftermath of what happened.

I think It can equally be argued that divorcing the events in this way makes the riots sound more like genuine protests, rather than the sickening, hateful opportunism that they actually represent.  

I don't suppose it matters much, but I'd have left the discussion where it was, perhaps with a tweak to the thread's title if it was troubling you.

Like it or not, this is how some people have chosen to react to the grimmest  of tragedies, and I don't see a need to pretend otherwise. Discussing the riots in those terms is not to endorse or legitimise them - quite the reverse in fact.

For me, the first riot took place in Southport because of misinformation that the murderer was a muslim/immigrant. So I see that link.

It has been debunked now, and it's just become a series of far right riots against, er, the police. The subsequent riots in places like Newcastle have nothing to do with Southport. More of a sequel to the Leeds riot.

Far right, brainwashed dickheads. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

For me, the first riot took place in Southport because of misinformation that the murderer was a muslim/immigrant. So I see that link.

It has been debunked now, and it's just become a series of far right riots against, er, the police. The subsequent riots in places like Newcastle have nothing to do with Southport. More of a sequel to the Leeds riot.

Far right, brainwashed dickheads. 

I get what you're saying, but I don't see assembling aggressively outside a mosque in Southport as that wildly different from similar types gathering near a Sunderland mosque.  

I think the same spiteful incoherence unites both.  The subsequent crap in various cities is descended directly from what happened in Southport.

19 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

It has been debunked now, and it's just become a series of far right riots

It's been debunked but still being used even on this forum.

When the London riots happened the had courts sitting 24 hours. Folk got lifted, charged taken straight to court and given hefty sentences. 

I see the same thing happening here, labour have already said they're looking to release loads of prisoners to free up prison space. I think this will likely be accelerated and they'll just fill them up again with these mutants.

If the jails are still full they'll revert to keeping them in police cells where it's basically being locked up constantly, no integration, leisure time or work and about half an hour walking around a concrete exercise yard at best. 

Tommys chat today with all the riots and vandalism is basically saying ”look what you’ve made these people do” to the government. Absolutely f**king staggering.

They showed a map of the hotspots of trouble on Sky News earlier.

There was one in Wales, one in Northern Ireland and about a dozen in England.

It gave me a little frisson of pride to note that Scotland didn't have any.  I know that any smugness could be wildly misplaced and we might be heading in the same direction.  After all, we have our own issues with prejudice and it's not hard to imagine a similar situation emerging to that which developed in Belfast yesterday.

What do people think?  Are we intrinsically different from other parts of the UK in this regard?  Would we face similar unrest if we'd bigger immigrant populations?  I couldn't help noticing that some of the most troubled spots in England will be pretty white, so I don't know about that.

Basically, I'm asking if we've just been lucky thus far and are unlikely to remain unaffected, or are there actual differences - structural, cultural, social , whatever - which have spared us hitherto and are bound to keep doing so?

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They showed a map of the hotspots of trouble on Sky News earlier.

There was one in Wales, one in Northern Ireland and about a dozen in England.

It gave me a little frisson of pride to note that Scotland didn't have any.  I know that any smugness could be wildly misplaced and we might be heading in the same direction.  After all, we have our own issues with prejudice and it's not hard to imagine a similar situation emerging to that which developed in Belfast yesterday.

What do people think?  Are we intrinsically different from other parts of the UK in this regard?  Would we face similar unrest if we'd bigger immigrant populations?  I couldn't help noticing that some of the most troubled spots in England will be pretty white, so I don't know about that.

Basically, I'm asking if we've just been lucky thus far and are unlikely to remain unaffected, or are there actual differences - structural, cultural, social , whatever - which have spared us hitherto and are bound to keep doing so?

The fash are organising for George Square in a couple weeks.  Not sharing their poster but there's a counter demo which I am confident will outnumber them.  

20240804_095836.jpg

55 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Give the cops flame throwers......and water cannons.

Tear gas. You forgot the tear gas.

Come to think of it, flame throwers is a little harsh. Rubber bullets much more appropriate I think 🤔